- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Influence of a General Hospital Nurse's Emotional Labor, Emotional Intelligence on Job Stress
일개 종합병원 간호사의 감정노동과 감성지능이 직무스트레스에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Yun-Jeong (Dept. of Nursing, Pai Chai University)
- 김윤정 (배재대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2014.06.10
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate how the emotional labor and emotional intelligence of nurses working at a general hospital affect their job stress, and how the integration factor of emotional labor and emotional intelligence affects their job stress. The subjects of research were the nurses working at general hospital in Seoul city from March 11-29, 2013. The collected data was analyzed after computerized statistical processing using SPSS 18.0 and AMOS 18.0. It was found that the frequency of emotional expressions, one of emotional labor variables, significantly negatively influenced job stress(
General hospital;Nurse;Emotional labor;Emotional intelligence;Job stress
- J. Y Ann, A study on emotional labor and job stress for clinical nurses of a cancer hospital. Catholic University, A master's thesis, 2007.
- B. I. Lee, Development of a model for emotional labor worker's health. Seoul national university, A Doctoral thesis, 2006.
- Y. M. Kim, A study on the effect of emotional labor according to the personality type of hotel employee on job stress. Seojong University, A master's thesis, 2008.
- H. A. Kim, Contribution of emotional labor to job stress of dietitians in school foodservice. Korean journal of food and cookey science, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 41-53, 2010.
- J. Y. Lee, Moderating effects of emotional intelligence on the relationships between job demand and burn-out: Focused on tourism employees. Human Resource management, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 270-294, 2007.
- D. Goleman, Emotional intelligence, New York: Bantam Books, 1995.
- M. S. Jung, K. J. Kim, A study on the effect of emotional labor and leader's emotional intelligence on job satisfaction and organizational commitment for nurses. Korean journal of hospital management, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 1-18, 2006.
- S. H. Yoo, The effects of organizational managerial characteristics and job characteristics on job stress and job effectiveness: A survey on clinical nurses. Journal of Korean psychological Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 451-466, 2004.
- H. J. Park, Emotional Labor, emotional expression and burnout of clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 225-232, 2009.
- S. H. Lee, The research about emotional labor and job stress of the department store sales associates-moderating effect of superior's leadership. Kyunghee University, A master's thesis, 2011.
- D. Wong, & K. S. Law, The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study. The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 243-274, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00099-1
- S. Jayaranten & W. A. Chess, Job satisfaction and burnout in social work. in stress and burnout in the human service profession. Farber, B. A. (ed), New York: Pergamon, 1983.
- S. H. Hong, The criteria for selecting appropriate fit indices in structural equation modeling and their rationales. Journal of Korean Clinical Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 167-177, 2000.
- K. S. Song, Research on the stress due to emotional labor of workers of large discount stores. Industrial system engineering the Graduate School of Ajou University, A master's thesis, 2008.
- A. A. Grandey, Emotion regulation in the workplace; a new way to conceptualize emotional labor. Journal of Occupational health psychology, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 95-110, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/1076-8918.104.22.168
- M. M. park, & S. J. Han, Relation of job satisfaction with emotional labor, job stress, and personal resources in home healthcare nurses. Journal of Korean Acad Community Health Nurs, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 51-61, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.51
- S. J. Han, P. S. Yoon, Mp. S., Kwon, & M. S. Song, Comparison of emotional labor and job stress of hospital nursing staff. Korean Academy Society of occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 20, NP. 1, pp. 55-64, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.1.055
- M. K. Shin, & H. I. Kang, Effects of emotional labor and occupational stress on somartization in nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 17, No.2, pp. 158-167, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.158
- B. S. Kim, M. H. Kim, I. S. Lee & M. G. Jeong, The impact of hotel foodservice employee's emotional labor on level of service delivery: Focused on the mediating effect of supervisor's emotional intelligence and social supports. Journal of Foodservice management, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 319-340, 2010.
- S. H. Jung, S. N. Shim & E. J. Yoo, Emotional labor and psychosocial stress difference of hairdressers in beauty shops depending on variables related to third jobs. Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 347-354, 2013.
- S. H. Ko, E. S. Park, Effect of emotional labor on service commitment and customer orientation among hotel employees. The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 470-483, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.470
- K. H. Lee, J. S. Song, The effect of emotional intelligence on self-efficacy and job stress of nurses mediating role of self-efficacy-. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 17-25, 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.1.17
- M. H. Lee, A study about in fluence of the exhaustion on job stress among the nurses-sensitivity of the emotion intelligence-. Changwon University, A master's thesis, 2009.
- H. K. You, S. P. Kim, A study on the relationship between emotional intelligence, job stress, job satisfaction and job performance. Human Resource Management, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 127-146, 2008.
- E. J. Bae, The effect of H Hotel employee's emotional labor and emotional intelligence on job stress. Korea University, A master's thesis, 2012.