- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Study of DBaaS Hub System for Integration of Database In the Cloud Environment
클라우드 환경에서 데이터베이스 통합을 위한 DBaaS 허브 시스템에 관한 연구
- Jung, Kye-Dong (Div. of General Education Information Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Hwang, Chi-Gon (Dept. of Computer Science, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Yong (Div. of General Education Information Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Shin, Hyo-Young (Dept. of IT Security, Kyungbok University)
- Received : 2014.07.05
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
In the cloud environment, the company needs data integration and analysis to make decision and policy. If new system is added to this environment, a lot of time and cost is needed due to disparate properties among systems when data is integrated. Therefore, in this paper, we propose a DBaaS hub system for multi-database service. The DBaaS may require a different database and need data integration for relevant service. Using the ontology, we propose a metadata query to resolve the interoperability issues between data of DBaaS. The meta-query is not a query to access the real data, but the query for the upper level. This method provides data integration by accessing the data with the converted query through an ontology when we access the actual database.We also constructs a document-oriented database system using the metadata.
Supported by : 광운대학교
- Aisling O'Driscolla, Jurate Daugelaiteb, Roy D. Sleator, 'Big data', Hadoop and cloud computing in genomics, Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 46, 5, pp.774-781, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2013.07.001
- Zohreh Sanaei, Saeid Abolfazli, Abdullah Gani,Rajkumar Buyya, Heterogeneity in Mobile Cloud Computing: Taxonomy and Open Challenges, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 16, 1, pp.369-392, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2013.050113.00090
- Subashini, S., Kavitha, V., A survey on security issues in service delivery models of cloud computing, Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 34, 1, pp.1-11. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2010.07.006
- Soror Sahri, Rim Moussa, Darrell D. E. Long, Salima Benbernou, DBaaS-Expert: A Recommender for the Selection of the Right Cloud Database, Foundations of Intelligent Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8502, pp.315-324, 2014.
- Pathak, Ajeet Ram, and B. Padmavathi, Analysis of Security Techniques Applied in Database Outsourcing, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 5, 1, pp.665-670, 2014.
- H. Hacigumus, B. Iyer and S. Mehrotra, Providing database as a service, in Proc. of IEEE 18th ICDE, pp. 29-38, 2002.
- Manyika, J., Chui, M., Brown, B., Bughin, J., Dobbs, R., Roxburgh, C., and Byers, A. H, Big Data: The Next Frontier for Innovation, Competition, and Productivity, McKinsey Global Institute, 2011.
- Sunil Soares, Big Data Governance, Sunilsoares, 2012.
- Ward, Jonathan Stuart, and Adam Barker. "Undefined By Data: A Survey of Big Data Definitions." arXiv preprint arXiv:1309.5821, 2013.
- Kian Win Ong, Yannis Papakonstantinou, Romain Vernoux, The SQL++ Unifying Semi-structured Query Language, and an Expressiveness Benchmark of SQL-on-Hadoop, NoSQL and NewSQL Databases, arXiv preprint arXiv:1405.3631, 2014.
- Elif Dede, Madhusudhan Govindaraju, Daniel Gunter, Richard Shane Canon, Lavanya Ramakrishnan, Performance evaluation of a mongodb and hadoop platform for scientific data analysis, In Proceedings of the 4th ACM workshop on Scientific cloud computing, pp.13-20, 2013.
- Jing Han, Haihong E, Guan Le, Jian Du, "Survey on NoSQL database", Pervasive Computing and Applications (ICPCA) 6th International Conference on(2011), pp. 363-366, 2011.