- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the R&D Roadmaps of Quantum Information and Communication Technology
퀀텀정보통신기술의 연구개발 로드맵에 관한 연구
- Rhee, Mooki Kyle (School of Business, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Park, Seong Taek (School of Business, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kwon, Moon-Ju (National IT Industry Promotion Agency)
- Received : 2014.06.08
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
Quantum information and communication technology(QICT) holds out tremendous promise for efficiently solving some of the most difficult problems that are intractable on any present or future conventional computer. QICT is one of the most active research areas of modern science, attracting substantial funding that supports research groups at internationally leading academic institutions. To facilitate the progress of QICT research towards the commercialization, a roadmap needs to be formulated, providing some direction for the field with specific technical goals and elucidating interrelationships between approaches for synergistic solutions to obstacles within any one approach. In this paper, we suggest a brief version of roadmap for QICT research and give a discussion about the potential contribution of QICT in Korea industry.
Quantum Information and Communication;Quantum computer;Roadmap;Quantum processor
- Newsletter of Korea Institute Advanced Study, "New Era of the World that Quantumn Information Science and Quantum Computer can open, Korea Institute Advanced Study, 2007.
- Chosun-Ilbo, Published Article, May 3, 2013.
- Colin, P.W. Explorations in Quantum Computing, Second Edition, Springer, 2011
- Market Research Media,. Quantum Computing Market Forecast 2015-2020, 2012.
- Kwon, M.J., R. Kim, S-T Park, T.U. Kim, A Study on the Industrial Applications of Quantum Information Processing and Communication, Digital Policy and Management, 2013, 11(7), pp. 173-84.
- Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning(2011). A Report on Trend Analysis of Patents and Technology(R&D on Quantum Information and Science and Technology, 2011.
- Advanced Research and Development Activity, A Quantum Information Science and Technology Roadmap Part 1: Quantum Computation Version 1.0, Report of the Quantum Information Science and Technology Experts Panel, 2002(available electronically at: http://qist.lanl.gov)
- Spiller, T.P. & ,W.J. Munro, Towards a Quantum Information Technology Industry, Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. 2005.
- Ahn, D.Y.(2012). Technological Trend and Market Forecasting of Quantum Information and Communication Industry, HaYeon Publishing, Seoul, 2012.
- Subcommittee on Quantum Information Science, A Federal Vision for Quantum Information Science, Executive Office of the President National Science and Technology Council, 2009.
- Samsung Economic Research Institute, Business Strategy of Bio-Tech Companies, 2003.
- http://www.pharmaqbd.com/simulation_modeling_ph arma_aerospace, 2013.
- YonhapNews, Published Article, June 21, 2013.