- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the prediction of Advertising Expenditure
계량적 통계분석을 통한 매체별 광고비 예측 연구
- Han, Sangpil (Department of Advertising and PR, Hanyang University) ;
- Yu, Seung Yeob (Department of Advertising and PR, Namseoul University)
- Received : 2014.07.11
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
This study is designed to predict the total ad expenditure of Korea, and six media ad expenditures in 5 years based on the past 20 years ad expenditure date. We use annual data published by Cheil Worldwide advertising data analysis. Time series, SUR method, exponential smoothing method and regression analysis were used for exploring the data. The results showed that the total advertising expenditure in 2018 is predicted to 10,873 billion wons. On the basis of the findings, implications are discussed for academicians as well as practitioners.
advertising industry;advertising expenditure;media advertising;quantitative model;advertising expenditure
Supported by : 한양대학교
- Yeongseok, Sohn, Byeongcheol, Jeong and Jeongsuk, Sim(2011). Study on calculation of advertising expenditure estimation model. Research Report: Korea Broadcasting Advertising Corporation.
- Wongi, Park and Sangdon, Lee(2010). A study on the prediction of broadcasting advertising expenditure in 2011. Research Report: Korea Broadcasting Advertising Corporation.
- Sangpil, Han(2011). A study on the prediction of advertising expenditure. Korean Journal of Advertising, 13(3), 83-112.
- Wongi, Park(2012). A study on the prediction of broadcasting advertising expenditure in 2013. Research Report: Korea Broadcasting Advertising Corporation.
- Yongchan, Jeong, Eunmiin, Lee and Byoungchoel, Jeong(2009). Development of boadcasting srvice mrket frecasting mdels. Research Report: Korea Information Society Development Institute.
- Kwun, Namgungm,(2007). Research methods for public administration. Seoul, Korea : Bobmunsa.
- Sangbyeong, An and Myeonghoe, Lee(1993). Modern statistics. Seoul, Korea: Hakhyunsa.
- Myunghoe, Huh(2009). Time series analysis for SPSS statistics. Seoul, Korea : Datasolution.
- Zeller, A.(1962). An efficient method of estimating seemingly unrelated regressions and tests of aggregation bias. Journal of American Statistical Association , 57, 348-368. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1962.10480664
- Jungsik, Jo, Jungho, Han, and Namsuk, Park(1997). The practice of ad budget establishment process of korean advertiser, Korean Journal of Advertising, Summer, 79-93.
- Kwangsu, Kim and Sukhyun, Song(2003). Exploring the methods of prediction for the advertising expenditures in korea. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 14(3), 191-210.1.