- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the influence of journalist's Role-Cognition and Role-Orientation Upon Real Reportage attitude -Focus in editors of National Newspaper
사실적 보도태도에 미치는 기자의 역할인식과 역할지향의 영향력 연구 - 중앙일간지 편집기자를 중심으로
- Kang, Hyun Jig (Dept. of Advertising, PR & Media, Hyupsung University)
- 강현직 (협성대학교 미디어광고영상학부)
- Received : 2014.07.20
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
The purpose of this study was to analyze the impact of mediator effect related to role-orientation of traditional newspaper editors in terms of role-cognition and role-orientation in aspects of real reportage attitude by classifying the newspaper editor's role-cognition with social stability, reform, check, on the other hand, role-orientation with reporter's intention, intention of actual fact, and reader's intention. The results were as follows: In terms of reporter's intention the research showed the fact that reporter's intentions was influenced by the role cognition of social stability and at the same time, it also made to reduce the attitude of real reportage. Compared with intention of actual fact and reader's intention, the intention of actual fact could be only influenced by the social stability, but it could not give any effectiveness to the attitude of real reportage, furthermore, the research showed the fact that reader's intention aroused some mediator effects which newspaper editor's role cognition gave rise to the attitude of real reportage much more strongly.
Role Cognition;Role Intention;Real Reportage;Newspaper Editor;impact of mediator
- H. H. Ryu, Conceptual Issues and Developmental Directions of Editorial, Journal of Social Science, Vol.6, pp.177-196, 1996.
- S. Y. Woo. Freedom of Editorial. Korea Press Foundation. 2002.
- I. S. Yu. Case Study on Ownership of Editorial. Newpaper and Broadcasting, 1998.9.
- J. W. Park. A Study on the Freedom and limitation of journalism companies. Unpublished DMA thesis, Seoul University, 2007.
- J. C. Yu et al, Government and Media, Pulbit, 1994.
- J. G. Kim, A Study on News Report Pattern of the Korean Journalist, the Report of Expert Member in 2002 Committee of Korea Press, Kwan Hun Club, 1997.
- J. H. Jo. An examination of the inner freedom of the press. Public Law Journal, Vol.8, No.3, pp.241-259. 2007.
- H. W. Park, Editorial independence and freedom of the press, Journal of Communication Science, Vol.11, No.1, pp.123-156. 2011.
- H. S. Jang, The editorial rights and administration right should be separated. Kwan Hun Journal, Vol.82, pp.72-78. 2001.
- S. W. Nam. Ideals of Editorial independence and their Limitations, Kwan Hun Journal, Vol.82. pp.140-149. 2001.
- J. W. Lee, Tendentiousness of Korean Journalism and the Problem of 'the Distinction Between Facts and Opinions' . Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.54, No.2, pp.187-209. 2010.
- Fraser, M. et al. Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom. 2008.
- B. H. Lee. The Change of Media and Emerging Journalistic Norm and Value: An exploration Based on the Young-hee Rhee's Idea . Korean Journal of Communication and Information, Vol.59, pp.31-49. 2012.
- J. K. Lee. Conditions for a Free Press in Korean Society. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.47, No.2, 54-77. 2003.
- McQuail, D, Mass Communication-An Introduction, 1987.
- J. D. Kim, A Study on prospects on the change of newspaper-industry under Lee Myung-bak's government, E-W Journal of Journalism, Vol.12, pp.119-136, 2009.
- C. S. Kim. A Comparative Analysis of News Coverages on Progressive Judgments of Conservative and Progressive Newspapers. Journal of Political communication, Vol.21, pp.165-204, 2011.
- H. S. Im et al., The Press" Utilization of the Government"s Press Releases in Korea. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.55, No.2, pp.5-31, 2011
- S. B. Lee, et al., A Frame Analysis on Korean Daily Newspapers' Coverage on Twitter : Focusing on the Perspective of Political Communication and Formation of Public Opinion. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.57, No.1, pp.28-53, 2013.
- Weaver, D. H., & G. C. Whilhoit (1986). American Journalist. Bloomington :University of Illinois Press.
- H. S. Lee, et al., AMOS 18.0/19.0. Jip Hyun Jae. 2012