- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Policy Directions for Implementing the Happy Korea-oriented Software Platform
국민행복형 소프트웨어 플랫폼 도입 이슈와 구축 방안에 관한 연구
- Kim, Yong-Young (Division of Business Administration and Economics, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Mi-Hye (Department of Computer Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.06.26
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
Park Geun-Hye Administration declares "Happy Korea, a New Era of Hope" as the administrative vision. 'The orientation to Happy Korea' includes the meanings of both improving the quality of life directly and solving the social problems. It is the Happy Korea-oriented technology that can solve the social problems. The Happy Korea-oriented technology is closely connected to a concept of 'platform' because it makes an impact on providers and customers, in turn, their transactions can offer convenience to the third party. Therefore this study explores the issues of the adoption of the Happy Korea-oriented software platform. In order to achieve this research objective, we firstly make literature review and interview field experts. Three issues of the adoption of the Happy Korea-oriented software platform are drawn: economy, technology, and human resource. In addition, we present some policy directions for implementing and diffusing the Happy Korea-oriented software platform.
The orientation to Happy Korea;Platform;Two-sided Market;Subsidy;Quality Management;Motivation
- Baldwin, C.Y., & Clark, K.B., The Architecture of Participation, Management Science, Vol.52, No.7, July 1, 2006, pp.1116-1127, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.1060.0546
- Baldwin, C.Y., & Woodard, C.J., The Architecture of Platforms: A Unified View, in Platforms, Markets and Innovation, A. Gawer (ed.), pp.19-44, 2009.
- Boudreau, K., & Lakhani, K., How to Manage Outside Innovation, MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol.50, No.4, pp. 69-76, 2009.
- Boudreau, K.J., & Hagiu, A., Platform Rules, in Platforms, Markets and Innovation, A. Gawer (ed.), pp.163-191, 2009.
- Bresnahan, T.F., & Greenstein, S., Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry, The Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol.47, No.1, pp.1-40, 1999.
- Caillaud, B., & Jullien, B., Chicken & Egg, The RAND Journal of Economics, Vol.34, No.2, pp.309-328, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/1593720
- Choi, B., The Emergence of Business Platform and Its Implications, Samsung Economic Research Institute.(SERI) CEO Information, 2011.
- Choi, B., Kim, C., & Cho, W., Platform Changes Business, SERI, 2014.
- Cho, Y., Platform War, 21stBooks, 2011.
- Creswell, Research Design(3rd ed.), SAGE Publications, 2009.
- Eisenmann, T.R., Parker, G., & Alstyne, M.W.V., Opening Platforms, in Platforms, Markets and Innovation, A. Gawer (ed.), pp.131-162, 2009.
- Evans, D.S., The Antitrust Economics of Multi-Sided Platform Markets, Yale Journal of Regulation, Vol.20, No.2, pp.325-382, 2003.
- Evans, D.S., How Catalysts Ignite, in Platforms, Markets and Innovation, A. Gawer (ed.), pp.99-128, 2009.
- Jullien, B., Competition in Multi-Sided Markets, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, Vol.3, No.4, pp.186-219, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1257/mic.3.4.186
- Lee, T.H., & Cosgrove, T., Engaging Doctors in the Health Care Revolution Harvard Business Review, Vol.92, No.6, pp.104-111, 2014.
- Lee, K., A Study on Methods to Improve the Certification for Securing Market Trust, Korea Consumer Agency, 2012.
- Meyer, M.H., & Lehnerd, A.P., The Power of Product Platforms, Free Press, 1997.
- National Information Society Agency(NIA), Plans for Implementing Data-based Creative Economy, IT&Future Strategy, Vol.2, 2013.
- Pine, B.J., Mass Customization, Harvard Business School Press, 1993.
- Robertson, D., & Ulrich, K., Planning for Product Platforms, Sloan Management Review, Vol.39, No.4, pp.19-31, 1998.
- Rochet, J.-C., & Tirole, J., Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets, Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol.1, No.4, pp.19-31, 2003.
- Simpson, T.W., Siddique, Z., & Jiao, J.R., Platform-Based Product Family Development, in Product Platforms and Product Family Design, T.W. Simpson, Z. Siddique, and J.R. Jiao (eds.), Springer, New York, pp.1-16, 2005.
- Suarez, F.F., & Cusumano, M.A., The Role of Services in Platform Markets, in Platforms, Markets and Innovation, A. Gawer (ed.), pp.77-98, 2009.
- Tiwana, A., Konsynski, B., & Bush, A.A., Platform Evolution, Information Systems Research, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 675-687, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1100.0323
- Wheelwright, S.C., & Clark, K.B., Revolutionizing Product Development, Free Press, New York, 1992.
- Yoon, S., What is Platform, HanbitBiz, 2012.