- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Migrant Women Policy in Korea : Prospect and Implication in the point of Interculturalism
한국의 여성 결혼이주자정책 : 상호문화주의적 조망과 함의
- Kim, Kyung Sook (Kongju National University)
- 김경숙 (공주대학교)
- Received : 2014.07.01
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
This is a research on the characteristic and its limit of Korean migrant women policy to prospect and suggest in the point of interculturalism. The focus of this paper is in summing-up to current situation of multiethnic society which rapidly progressing in Korea and in reviewing the race-oriented, gender-biased issue in the migrant women policy in Korea. However, the migrant women go through by the unique rebuilt progress in the transnational social field which can be continue for several or for decades between delivery country and inflow country but the one-sided, certain movement to a new country. In the above mentioned standpoint, this paper can suggest the implication for the concept and its character of interculturalism, the policy and undertasking case in Europe as a realistic directing point on which the migrant women policy in Korea. The educational program consolidation of intercultural citizenship, the orientation of pluralistic integration through selective assimilation, the consolidation of intercultural adaptation program, the intercultural measurement metrics development and feedback which considered of Korean characteristics are proposed in this paper.
migrant women policy;interculturalism;ethnicity;gender;social integration
- Tae Won Kim, Critical Review of Multicultural Phenomenon in the point of Social Integration, Minjok Munwha Nonchong, Vol. 44, 2010.
- Albert Karcher, Integration Turks in Germany : The Separation of Turks from German Society, Discrimination against Turks in the German Labor Market and Policy Recommendation to Integrate Turks into German Society, Public Policy Studies, April 2010.
- Hermann Kurthen and Barbara Schmitter Heisler, Immigrant Integration : Comparative Evidence from the United States and Germany, Ethnic and Racial Studies 32-1, 2009.
- Cho YongMarn, Park SungBum, A Study of Developing Social Integration Countermeasures for International Marriage Immigrants: Centered on a Comparative Study between Korea and German Statistical Data, Korean Journal of International Relations, Vol. 53, No.3, 2013.
- Friedrich Heckmann et al., Quantitative Integration Research in Europe - Data Needs and Data Availability, PROMINSTAT Working Paper 3, 2010.
- Geun Koh, Multiculturalism in Korea? : Gendered Multiculturalism and Marriage Migrant Women, Korean Political Science Association Conference, 2010.
- Hyun Mee Kim, Integration for Whom? : Marriage Migrant Women Policies in Korea and Patriarchal Imagination, 2008.
- Ministry of Justice, Korea Immigration Service, 2013. 12.
- Hye-Kyung Lee, International Marriage and the State in South Korea : focusing on Governmental Policy, Citizenship Studies, 12(1), 2008.
- Kwon, Young-Ho, Ji, Seong-Woo, Kang, Hyun-Cheol, Evaluation of Legislation about Multi-Cultural Family Support Act, Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2009.
- Office for Government Policy Coordination Prime Minister's Secretariat, Ministry of Gender Equality & Family, Basic Plan for Multicultural Families.
- Ministry of Justice, Social Integration Programme of Immigrants.
- Walker Connor, Ethnonationalism, Princeton, N. J. : Princeton University Press, 1994.
- Ki-Wook Shin, Ethnic Nationalism in Korea, Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 2006.
- Yong Seung Lee, Critical Review of Korean Multicultural Policy, Minjok Yeonku, Korea Research Center of Ethnology, Vol. 44, 2010.
- Hwa-Sung Cho, Social Integration between De-and Re-ethnization : A Case Study of Korea, Minjok Yeonku, Korea Research Center of Ethnology, Vol. 40, 2009.
- Lydia Morris, Managing Contradiction: Civic Stratification and Migrants' Rights, International Migration Review, Vol. 37, No. 1, 2003.
- LeeAn Jiyoung, Resistance to 'integration' by Marriage Migrants, Asian Regional Exchange for New Alternatives, 2008.
- Seol, Dong-Hoon, Multicultural Discourse and Human Right in Korean Society, The 7th Human Right Education Forum, National Human Right Commission of Korea, 2009.
- Hwa-Sung Cho, A Review of Social Integration Model of the Marital Immigration in Korea : Application of Two-way Integration Model, Minjok Yeonku, Korean Research Center of Ethnology, Vol. 44, 2010.
- Elizabeth Beck-Gernsheim, Family Life Today : New Migrants Choose Partners from Their Country of Family Origins, Gender and Society 7, 2, 2008.
- P. Levitt & N. Jaworsky, Transnational Migration Studies : Past Developments and Future Trends, Annual Review of Sociology 33, 2007.
- Young Hee Shim, Transnational Field and Transnational Identity among Women Marriage Migrants in Korea, Comparative Korean Studies, Vol. 19(1), 2011, So Hee Son(ed.), Multicultural Society, Immigration and Transnationalism, Bo-Go-Sa, 2012.
- Jung Eun Oh, Interculturalism in Europe, Multiculture & Peace, Multiculture & Peace Institute, Sungkyul University, Vol. 6(1), 2012.
- Young-Sik Huh, Interculturalism as an Approach for Integration of Multicultural Society, Multicultural Studies, Vol.2(2), Institute for Multicultural Studies, Catholic University of Daegu, 2013. 12.
- Tekessidis, M. Interkultur, Berlin: Suhrkamp, 2010.
- Young-Sik Huh, Chang-Hwa Jung, Interculturalism and the Identity of Korea, Won-Mi-Sa, 2012.
- Hwa-Sung Cho, Characteristics of Multicultural Phenomenon in Korea and the New Membership Model, Kongju National University Seminar Paper, 2012.
- Jung Eun Oh, Intercultural Policy for Social Integration of Foreign-born Residents in Netherlands, European Studies, Vol. 29(3), The Korean Society of Contemporary European Studies, 2011.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Gender Equality & Family, The Korea Institute for Health & Social Affairs, A Survey on Multicultural Families, 2010.
- Yong Seung Lee, Multiculturalism in Korea, Kongju National University Seminar Paper, 2012.