- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Job-seeking Support for Military spouses
군인가족(배우자) 취업 지원
- Nam, Eung Woo (Dept. of Public Administration, Kon Yang University) ;
- Lee, Youn Hwan (Dept. of Military Defense & Police Administration, Kon Yang University)
- Received : 2014.07.09
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
As studies on welfare systems for military families were only focused and limited on improvements of welfare facilities and military apartments, or psycho-therapies for families living apart, the supporting policies and efforts on creating jobs for military families(spouses) were insufficient till now. The best welfare for military spouses is the active well-being through the provision of employment opportunities, rather than providing certain rewards. Especially, South Korea should boost national competitiveness through increasing the engagement rate of women's economic activities. To expand these kinds of employment chances, actual plans to overcome the factors that restrict job opportunities for the families living apart, moving frequently, or living in rural areas should be urged. Accordingly, there should be a change of recognition toward military welfare service, enactment of applying discharged soldier's expanded employment programs for military spouses, cooperation with municipal governments and relevant institutions for creating jobs, and provision of promising job openings in association with a military reform. To achieve these, the cooperation of the government agencies, municipal governments, and military units are being emphasized.
Military Spouse;Professional Soldier;Creat Job;Job support for discharged soldiers
- Ministry of Security and Public Administration, " A Guide Book of Government 3.0", p101, 2014.
- National Statistical Office, "December 2013 and the Annual Employment Trends", p 30-42, 2014
- Park Gi su, "A Study on Family Welfare Services of Professional soldiers", Master's Thesis of Daegu University, p18, 2009.
- Kwak Yon gsu, "Approach to Improve Military Family Communities' Welfare to meet the Demands of the Local Environment", KIDA Defense Weekly, vol.1377, p27, 2011.
- Jeong Mi gyeong, "The Network of Community Welfare Service to Achieve Integrated Support for Military Families", Korean Academy of Military Social Welfare, vol. 5, Issue 1, 2012.
- Jeong Seon gu, "The History of U.S. Army Family Supporting Policy and Future Development Direction for Korea Army", KIDA Defense Weekly, vol.1155, p35, 2007.
- Moon Chae bong & Choe Gwanghyeon, "U.S. Army Family Welfare System and Its Implications for Korea Military", KIDA Defense Weekly, vol.1473, p10-55, 2013.
- Ministry of National Defense, "A General plan on Military Welfare(2013-2017)", 2013.
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, http://www.mogef.go.kr, Search by April 21th, 2014.
- "Women News", February 13th, 2014.
- Cho Heung sik, "Development Plan of Korea Army Professional Soldier's Welfare", Korean Social Science Journal, vol.32, 2010
- Jae-Seon Joo, You-Kyung Moon, Young-Taek Kim, Chi-Seon Song, Geon-Pyo Park, Chang-Kyoon Son, Gun-Jeong Lee & Eun-Sue Kang", Korean Panel Survey of Women and Families: The 2013 Annual Report", Korea Women's Development Institute, 2013.
- "The Hankook Ilbo ", March 8th, 2014.
- Gyeonggido Family & Women Research Institut, "Research on the Actual condition and Support plan for Military Spouses", p55, 2011.
- Gyeonggido Family & Women Research Institute, "Research on the Actual condition and Support plan for Military Spouses", p.144-145, 2011.
- Yesung Corporation, "A Report on Women's Competence Development Project"(Customized Certification Process for Military Families), p23, 2013.
- Moon Chae bong "U.S. Army's Family Supporting Policies and Its Implications for Korea", KIDA Defense Weekly, vol.1279", p13, 2009.
- Head office of Job Searching in Daejeon City, http://djsaeil.pcu.ac.kr/board, Search by April 22th, 2014.
- Park Mi eun, "An Application Plan of Social Welfare System for Vitalization of Military Family Support Policy", Korean Academy of Military Social Welfare, vol. 2, Issue 2, p31, 2009.