- Volume 39 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of a Portable Device Based Wireless Medical Radiation Monitoring System
휴대용 단말 기반 의료용 무선 방사선 모니터링 시스템 개발
- Park, Hye Min (Myongji University) ;
- Hong, Hyun Seong (Myongji University) ;
- Kim, Jeong Ho (Myongji University) ;
- Joo, Koan Sik (Myongji University)
- Received : 2014.05.30
- Accepted : 2014.08.27
- Published : 2014.09.30
Radiation-related practitioners and radiation-treated patients at medical institutions are inevitably exposed to radiation for diagnosis and treatment. Although standards for maximum doses are recommended by the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICPR) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), more direct and available measurement and analytical methods are necessary for optimal exposure management for potential exposure subjects such as practitioners and patients. Thus, in this study we developed a system for real-time radiation monitoring at a distance that works with existing portable device. The monitoring system comprises three parts for detection, imaging, and transmission. For miniaturization of the detection part, a scintillation detector was designed based on a silicon photomultiplier (SiPM). The imaging part uses a wireless charge-coupled device (CCD) camera module along with the detection part to transmit a radiation image and measured data through the transmission part using a Bluetooth-enabled portable device. To evaluate the performance of the developed system, diagnostic X-ray generators and sources of
Supported by : 미래창조과학부
- ICRP. Managing Patient Dose in Computed Tomo graphy. ICRP Publication 87. 2000:3-4.
- Knoll GF. Radiation Detection and Measurement. 3rd ed. New York; John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2000:235.
- Bloser PF, Legere JS, Jablonski LF et. al. Silicon Photo-Multiplier readouts for Scintillator based gamma-ray detectors in Space. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (NSS/MIC). 2010:357-360.
- Osovizky A, Ginzburg D, Manor A et. al. SENTIRAD-An innovative personal radiation detector based on a scintillation detector and a silicon photomultiplier. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2011;652:41-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2011.01.027
- Chavanelle J, Parmentier M. CsI(Tl)-PIN photodiode gamma-ray probe. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2003;504:321-324. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(03)00761-7
- Park HM, Jeon SH, Lee HK et al. Design of a Silicon Photomultiplier Based Compact Radiation Detector for Homeland Security Screening. IEEE Advancements in Nuclear Instrumentation Measurement Methods and their Applications Conference Record (ANIMMA). 2013:1-5.
- McGregor DS, Bellinger SL, Bruno D et. al. Wireless neutron and gamma ray detector modules for dosimetry and remote monitoring. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (NSS/MIC). 2007:808-812.
- Smith DS, Stabin MG. Exposure rate constants and lead shielding values for over 1,100 Radionuclides. Health Phys. 2012;102(3):271-291. https://doi.org/10.1097/HP.0b013e318235153a
- Paixao L. Facure A, Santos AM et. al. Monte Carlo study of a new I-125 brachytherapy prototype seed with a ceramic radionuclide carrier and radiographic marker. J. Appl. Clin. Med. Phys. 2012;13(3):74-82.
- Development of a Wireless Gamma-ray Probe for Diagnosing and Evaluation of its Effectiveness vol.52, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2015.52.2.173
- Spectroscopic Properties of a Silicon Photomultiplier-based Ce:GAGG Scintillation Detector and Its Applicability for γ-ray Spectroscopy vol.40, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2015.40.2.073
- Development of a Real-time Radiation Level Monitoring Sensor for Building an Underwater Radiation Monitoring System vol.24, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2015.24.2.96