- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Torrefaction Characteristics of Sewage Sludge
하수슬러지의 반탄화 특성에 관한 연구
- Lim, Dae-Won (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Poudel, Jeeban (Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Oh, Sea Cheon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2014.07.10
- Accepted : 2014.07.27
- Published : 2014.10.10
In this work, the effect of torrefaction on the basic characteristic of sewage sludge was studied to evaluate the energy potential as a solid fuel. Torrefaction experiments were performed at temperatures of
Supported by : 공주대학교
- S. Shuit, K. Tan, K. Lee, and A. Kamaruddin, Oil Palm Biomass as a Sustainable Energy Source: A Malaysian Case Study, Energy, 34, 1225-1235 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2009.05.008
- L. Zhang, C. C. Xu, and P. Champagne, Overview of Recent Advantage in Thermo-chemical Conversion of Biomass, Energ. Convers. Manage., 51, 969-982 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2009.11.038
- J. Werther, M. Saenger, E. Hartge, T. Ogada, and Z. Siagi, Combustion of Agricultural Residues, Prog. Energ. Combust. Sci., 26, 1-27 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-1285(99)00005-2
- H. Goyal, D. Seal, and R. Saxena, Bio-fuels from Thermochemical Conversion of Renewable Sesources: A Review, Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev., 12, 504-517 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2006.07.014
- M. Van der Stelt, H. Gerhauser, J. Kiel, and K. Ptasinski, Biomass Upgrading by Torrefaction for Production of Biofuels: A Review, Biomass Bioenergy, 35, 3748-3762 (2011).
- J. H. Gu and S. C. Oh, Combustion Characteristics of Biomass and Refuse Derived Fuel, Appl. Chem. Eng., 23, 456-461 (2012).
- W. Chen, H. Hsu, K. Lu, W. Lee, and T. Lin, Thermal Pretreatment of Wood (Lauan) Block by Torrefaction and Its Influence on the Properties of the Biomass, Energy, 36, 3012-3021 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2011.02.045
- Y. Uemura, W. N. Omar, T. Tsutsui, and S. B. Yusup, Torrefaction of Oil Palm Wastes, Fuel, 90, 2585-2591 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2011.03.021
- C. Couhert, S. Salvador, and J. Commandre, Impact of Torrefaction on Syngas Production from Wood, Fuel, 88, 2286-2290 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2009.05.003
- W. Chen and P. Kuo, A Study on Torrefaction of Various Biomass Materials and Its Impact on Lignocellulosic Structure Simulated by a Thermogravimetry, Energy, 35, 2580-2586 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2010.02.054
- V. Repellin, A. Govin, M. Rolland, and R. Guyonnet, Modelling Anhydrous Weight Loss of Wood Chips during Torrefaction in a Pilot Kiln, Biomass Bioenergy, 34, 602-609 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biombioe.2010.01.002
- H. T. Lee, G. T. Jin, and I. C. Lee, Technical Status on the Utilization of Sewage and Wastewater Sludge, J. Korean Solid Wastes Eng. Soc., 11, 670-679 (1994).
- Y. W. Nam and K. S. Han, A Study on the Present State and Improvement Plan of Domestic Sewage Sludge Treatment, J. Korean Solid Wastes Eng. Soc., 28, 103-109 (2011).
- C. G. Phae, J. K. Cho, N. H. Kwak, and D. W. Kim, A Study on the Evaluation of Optimum Treatment by Analysis of Sewage Sludge Properties, J. Korean Solid Wastes Eng. Soc., 15, 252-260 (1998).
- H. H. Horowitz and G. Metzger, A New Analysis of Thermogravimetric Traces, Anal. Chem., 35, 1464-1468 (1963). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60203a013
- J. D. Cooney, M. Day, and D. M. Wiles, Thermal Decomposition of Ploy(ethylene Terephthalate): A Kinetic Analysis of Thermogravimetric Data, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 28, 2887-2902 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1983.070280918
- Torrefaction of Sewage Sludge: Kinetics and Fuel Properties of Biochars vol.12, pp.3, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/en12030565