- Volume 27 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Temperature Dependence of Neutron Irradiated SiC Schottky Diode
중성자 조사된 SiC Schottky Diode의 온도 의존 특성
- Kim, Sung-Su (Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Koo, Sang-Mo (Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2014.07.30
- Accepted : 2014.09.12
- Published : 2014.10.01
The temperature dependent characteristics on the properties of SiC Schottky Diode has been investigated. In this study, the temperature dependent current-voltage characteristics of the SiC Schottky diode were measured in the range of 300 ~ 500 K. Divided into pre- and post- irradiated device was measured. The barrier height after irradiation device at 500 K increased 0.15 eV compared to 300 K, the barrier height of pre- neutron irradiated Schottky diode increased 0.07 eV. The effective barrier height after irradiation increased from 0.89 eV to 1.05 eV. And ideality factor of neutron irradiated Schottky diode at 500 K decreased 0.428 compared to 300 K, the ideality factor of pre- neutron irradiated Schottky diode decreased 0.354. Also, a slight positive shift in threshold voltage from 0.53 to 0.68 V. we analyzed the effective barrier height and ideality factor of SiC Schottky diode as function of temperature.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A. Larry, Nucl. Inst Meth A, 428, 95 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(98)01585-X
- H. Morkoc, S. Strite, G. B. Gao, M. E. Lin, B. Sverdlov, and M. Burn, J. Appl. Phys., 76, 1363 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.358463
- A. Saha and J. A. Cooper, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, 52, 2786 (2007).
- W. Cunningham, A. Gouldwell, G. Lambm, J. Scott, K. Mathieson, P. Roya, R. Bates, P. Thornton, K. M. Smith, R. Cusco, M. Glaser, and M. Rahman, Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A, 487, 33 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(02)00941-5
- K. Cinar, C. Coskun, E. Gur, and S. Aydogan, Nucl. Inst. Meth. in Physics Research B, 267, 87 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2008.10.087
- T. R. Oldham and F. B. McLean, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Sci., 50, 483 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2003.812927
- P. Roche, IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (San Jose, USA, 2006).
- P. Jayavel, K. Santhakumar, and J. Kumar, Physica B, 315, 88 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4526(01)01104-8
- J. H. Kim, S. Nigam, F. Ren, D. Schoenfeld, G. Y. Chung, and S. J. Pearton, Electrochem. Solid State Lett., 6, G105 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1584211
- K. Cinar, C. Coskun, E. Gur, and S. Aydogan, Nucl. Inst. and Meth. in Phys. Research B, 267, 87 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2008.10.087