- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improvement of the Performance of Pulsed AC Ion Bar (1)
바 형태 정전기제거장치의 정전기제거성능 향상을 위한 연구 (1)
- Received : 2014.03.02
- Accepted : 2014.06.10
- Published : 2014.06.30
In Display such as LCD, LED, and AMOLED or semiconductor related industries are required to have static ionizer in order to produce reliable goods since the ionizer can create balanced ion that is delivered to producing goods to minimize electrical damages when manufacturing. However, the most general type of ionization is called, "Corona Discharge" that has a slight chances to generate unequal and unstable amount of each +/- ion to the target object. Then, the ionization performance will drastically decrease and end up with quality deterioration problem. In this research, our objective to resolve the current issue via applying "Coupling Condenser" on each counter electrodes of Corona discharging type ionizer. The result is that the ion balance was maintained the satisfied range that is within +/-100V when we changed the duty ratio of the High Voltage of Pulse AC about 40 ~ 70%. In addition, when levelling the High Voltage of Pulse AC, the ion balance holds the range within +20 ~ 0V. Even though we have tested the same experiment for a year, we have seen the range changes roughly
ionizer;ion balance;duty;coupling capacitor
- K. Murray, and V. Gross, "Ozone and small Particle Production by Steady state DC Hood Ionization", EOS/ESD symposium Proceeding, 1989
- J. Xianggang, K. Shigeo and T. Yuao, "Neutralization of the Charges Caused by ESD on Film Surfaces with AC Eliminator", T.IEE Japan, Vol.112-A, No.10, pp.855-860, 1992.
- J. E. Vinson and J. J. Liou, "Electrostatic Discharge in Semiconductor Devices", Proc. IEEE, Vol.86, No.2, pp.399-418, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.659493
- L. A. Avery, "A Review of Electrostatic Discharge Mechanisms ad On-chip Protection Techniques to Ensure Device Reliability", J. Electrostatics, Vol.24, No.2, pp.11-113, 1990.
- Y. Tabata, "Electrostatic Properties of Antistatic Cloth Woven Partly with Electrically Conductive Fibers", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.24, No.2, pp. 249, 1988.
- W. D. Greason, "Electrostatic Discharge: A Charge Driven Phenomenon", In Proc, EOS/ESD Symp., Vol. EOS-13, p. 1-9, 1991.
- A Study on Improvement of the Performance of Pulsed AC Ion Bar (2) vol.29, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.6.040
Supported by : 부경대학교