- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Association of Metabolic syndrome, Metabolic syndrome score and Pulse pressure in Korean Adults: Korea National Health and Nutrition Survey, 2012
한국 성인에서 대사증후군 및 Metabolic syndrome score와 맥압의 관련성-2012 국민건강영양조사에 근거하여
- Received : 2014.06.02
- Accepted : 2014.09.11
- Published : 2014.09.30
The aim of this study was to assess the association of metabolic syndrome, metabolic syndrome score (MSS) and pulse pressure (PP) in Korean adults. The study subjects were Korean adults 20 years or older (n=5,889) who participated in the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2012. After adjusting for factors, such as year and gender and BMI, the mean PP increased with increasing MSS (MSS 0,
Metabolic syndrome;Metabolic syndrome score;Pulse pressure
- Reaven. G. M, and Banting, "Role of insulin resistance in human disease", Diabetes, Vol.37, pp.1598-1607, 1988
- McNeill. A. M, Rosamond. W. D, Girman. C. K, Golden. S. H, Schmidt. M. L, and East. H. E, "The metabolic syndrome and 11-year risk of incident cardiovascular disease in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study", Diabetes Care, Vol.28, pp.385-390, 2005 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2337/diacare.28.2.385 https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.28.2.385
- Isomaa. B, Almgren. P, Torsen. B, Laht. K, Nissen. M, Taskinen. M. R, and Groop. L, "Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality associated with the metabolic syndrome", Diabetes Care, Vol.24, No.4, pp.683-689, 2001 https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.24.4.683
- Grundy. S. M, Cleeman. J. L, Daniels. S. R, Donato. K. A, Eckel. R. H, Franklin. B. A, et al, "American Heart Association; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Diagnosis and management of the metabolic syndrome: an American Heart Association/ational Heart, Lung and Blood Institude Scientific Statement", Circulation, Vol.112, pp.2735-2752, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.105.169404
- Thomas. F and Whayne. Jr, "Metabolic syndrome, peripheral vascular disease and coronary artery disease: A concise review", The International Journal of Angiology, Vol.19, No.3, pp.e96-e99, 2010 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0031-1278376 https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0031-1278376
- H. S. Kwon, Y. M. Park, H. J. Lee, J. H. Lee, Y. H. Choi, S. H. Ko, J. M. Lee and S. R. Kim, "The prevalence and clinical characteristics of the metabolic syndrome in Korean adults", Korean J. Med., Vol.68, No.4, pp.359-368, 2005.
- Ford. E. S, Giles. W. H, and Dietz. W. H, "Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among US adults", J. AMA., Vol.287, pp356-259, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.287.3.356 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.287.3.356
- Ministry for Health Welfare and Family Affairs & Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (2008). 2007 Korea national health & nutrition examination survey.
- Ministry of health and welfare (MOHW). The third Korean national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES III). 2005.
- A. Benetos, A. Rudnichi, M. Safar and L. Guize, "Pulse pressure and cardiovascular mortality in normotensive and hypertensive subjects", Hypertension, Vol.32, No.3, pp.560-564, 1998 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.32.3.560 https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.32.3.560
- H. Yoon and G. S. Kim, "The effect of Vitamin D on Pulse pressure in Korean Adults: Korea National Health and Nutrition Survey, 2010", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.14, No.6, pp.2735-2742, 2013 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2735
- J. Gasowski, R. H. Fagard, J. A. Staessen, T. Grodzicki, S. Pocock, F. Boutitie, F. Gueyffier, and J. P. Boissel, "Pulse blood pressure component as predictor of mortality in hypertension: a meta-analysis of clinical trial control groups", J. Hypertension, Vol.20, No.1, pp.145-151, 2002 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00004872-200201000-00021 https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-200201000-00021
- S. S. Franklin, S. A. Khan, N. D. Wong, M. G. Larson, and D. Levy, "Is pulse pressure useful in predicting risk for coronary heart Disease, The Framingham heart study", Circulation, Vol.100, No.4, pp,354-360. 1999 https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.100.4.354
- Chae. C. U, Pfeffer. M. A and Glynn. R. J, "Increased pulse pressure and risk of heart failure in the elderly", JAMA., Vol.28, No.7, pp.634-639, 1999 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.281.7.634 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.281.7.634
- Miyagi. T, Muratani. H, Kimura. Y and Fukiyama, K, "Increase in Pulse Pressure Relates to Diabetes Mellitus and Low HDL Cholesterol, but Not to Hyperlipidemia in Hypertensive Patients Aged 50 Years or Older", Hypertension Res., Vol.25, No.3, pp.335-341, 2002 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1291/hypres.25.335 https://doi.org/10.1291/hypres.25.335
- The Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey(KNHANES V-1), 2012, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- WHO. Western Pacific Region. International Association for the Study of Obesity Task Force, The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and its Treatment, Health Communications Australia, Sydney, Australia, pp.15-21, 2000.
- J. I. Lee, S. K. Kwon and S. H. Kim, "Association among C-Reactive Protein, Pulse Pressure and Ischemic Heart Disease in Patients with Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis", Korean journal of nephrology, Vol.22, No.1, pp.102-108, 2003
- Viola Vaccarino, MD, PHD, Theodore R. Holford, PHD, Harlan M. Krumholz, "Pulse Pressure and Risk for Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure in the Elderly", Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Vol.36, No.1, pp.130-138, 2000 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(00)00687-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(00)00687-2
- R. M. Berne and M. N. Levy, "Cardiovascular Physiology", pp.113-144, CV. Mosby. Company. St Louis, Missouri, 1992
- . Tae Sun Kim, Yun Yong Seo, Su Hee Lee, Young Ho Hong, Do Yi Kim, Hyun Sun Won, Moon Seok Yang and Hyun Ho Shin, "Correlation Between Pulse Wave Velocity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Korean Women", Korean J. Lipidology, Vol.18, No.2, pp.239-246, 2008
- Chia-Ing. Li, Sharon L. R Kardia, Chiu-Shong Liu, Wen-Yuan Lin, Chih-Hsueh Lin, Fung-Chang Sung, Tsai-Chung Li and Cheng-Chieh Lin, "Metabolic syndrome is associated with change in subclinical arterial stiffness - A community - based Taichung Community Health Study", BMC. Public Health, Vol.11, pp.808, 2011 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-808 https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-808
- Hiroki Satoh, Reiko Kishi and Hiroyuki Tsutsui, "Metabolic syndrome is a significant and independent risk factor for increased arterial stiffness in Japanese subjects," Hypertension Research, Vol.32 No.12, pp.1067-1074, 2009 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/hr.2009.158 https://doi.org/10.1038/hr.2009.158