- Volume 14 Issue 3
In this research, integral transform technique for electromagnetic scattering formulation is reviewed. Electromagnetic boundary-value problems are presented to demonstrate how the integral transforms are utilized in electromagnetic propagation, antennas, and electromagnetic interference/compatibility. Various canonical structures of slotted conductors are used for illustration; moreover, Fourier transform, Hankel transform, Mellin transform, Kontorovich-Lebedev transform, and Weber transform are presented. Starting from each integral transform definition, the general procedures for solving Helmholtz's equation or Laplace's equation for the potentials in the unbounded region are reviewed. The boundary conditions of field continuity are incorporated into particular formulations. Salient features of each integral transform technique are discussed.
- B. Davies, Integral Transforms and Their Applications, 3rd ed. New York, NY: Springer, 2002.
- A. I. Zayed, Handbook of Function and Generalized Function Transformations. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 1996.
- D. H. Shin and H. J. Eom, "Radiation from narrow circumferential slots on a conducting circular cylinder," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 2081-2088, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.848503
- H. S. Lee and H. J. Eom, "Electromagnetic scattering from a thick circular aperture," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 228-231, Feb. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.10728
- K. C. Hwang and H. J. Eom, "Capacitance of a slotted conducting wedge," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 372-374, Jun. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2006.875591
- J. J. Kim, H. J. Eom, and K. C. Hwang, "Electromagnetic scattering from a slotted conducting wedge," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 222-226, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2009.2027454
- H. J. Eom and Y. S. Lee, "Mode-matching analysis for circular and annular aperture scattering," IEICE Transactions on Electronics, vol. 95C, no. 10, pp. 1566-1571, Oct. 2012.
- Y. S. Lee and H. J. Eom, "Static field by an infinitely long cylinder penetrating a circular aperture," Electromagnetics, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 321-329, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/02726343.2012.701494