- Volume 8 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Structural relations of convenience food satisfaction and quality of life according to dietary style -Focusing on singles in metropolitan area of Korea-
- Kim, Boram ;
- Joo, Nami
- Received : 2014.02.13
- Accepted : 2014.07.31
- Published : 2014.10.01
BACKGROUND/OBJECTIVES: Although the issues of singles' dietary style and quality of life are becoming important due to the increasing number of singles with economic power, little research has been conducted to date on singles' use of convenience food and quality of life in relation to their dietary style. Thus, the present study intends to provide basic data to improve the quality of life by determining the current status of the use of convenience food and explicating its relationship with quality of life through analyzing the dietary lifestyles of the singles. SUBJECTS/METHODS: The targets of this study were singles, identified as adults between the ages of 25 and 54, living alone, either legally or in actuality having no partner. A statistical analysis of 208 surveys from Seoul, respectively, was conducted using SPSS12.0 for Windows and SEM using AMOS 5.0 statistics package. RESULTS: The convenience-oriented was shown to have a significant positive effect on convenience food satisfaction. HMR satisfaction was found to have a significant effect on positive psychological satisfaction and the convenience-oriented was found to have a significant negative effect on all aspects of quality of life satisfaction. CONCLUSIONS: There must be persistent development of food industries considering the distinctive characteristics of the lives of singles in order to satisfy their needs and improve the quality of their lives.
Singles;SEM;dietary style;convenience food satisfaction;quality of life
- Statistics Korea. Population and Housing Census 2010. Daejeon: Statistics Korea; 2011.
- Conley TD, Collins BE. Gender, relationship status, and stereotyping about sexual risk. Pers Soc Psychol Bull 2002;28:1483-94. https://doi.org/10.1177/014616702237576
- Schwartz MA, Scott BM. Marriages and Families: Changes, Choices, and Constraints. 5th ed. Upper Saddle River (NJ): Prentice Hall; 2004.
- Park MR. A study on the marketing strategy for the development of 'Single Folk' audience [master's thesis]. Seoul: Chung-Ang University; 2010.
- Lim YS, Park HR, Han GJ. Comparison of preference for convenience and dietary attitude in college students by sex in Seoul and Kyunggi-do area. J Korean Diet Assoc 2005;11:11-20.
- Kim NH. A study on urban housewive's purchase activity of processed food and perception of nutrition labeling [master's thesis]. Seoul: Sejong University; 2002.
- Choi SG. A study of singles' dining-out behavior and food consumption behavior by the lifestyle [master's thesis]. Seoul: Sangmyung University; 2011.
- Choi BR. Influence of food-related lifestyle on Korean food perceptions and commercialization opinions as evaluated in Korean and non-Korean clusters [master's thesis]. Yongin: Dankook University;2010.
- Moon YS. A study on the green tea consumption behaviors depending on the food-related lifestyle [master's thesis]. Seoul: Sungkyunkwan University; 2012.
- Won YE. A study on the specialty coffee shop selection attributes by the food-related lifestyle [master's thesis]. Seoul: Chung-Ang University; 2010.
- Hong SK. A study on processed food purchasing behavior and satisfaction according to the urban housewives' food-related lifestyle [doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Kyonggi University; 2011.
- Ryan I, Cowan C, McCarthy M, O'Sullivan C. Segmenting Irish food consumers using the food-related lifestyle instrument. J Int Food Agribus Mark 2004;16:89-114. https://doi.org/10.1300/J047v16n01_06
- Ryan I, Cowan C, McCarthy M, O'Sullivan C. 2002. Food-related lifestyle segments in Ireland with a convenience orientation. J Int Food Agribus Mark 2004;14:29-47. https://doi.org/10.1300/J047v14n04_03
- Lee SJ. Effect of selection attributes of convenience food users on the value and the after-purchase satisfaction [master's thesis]. Seoul: Kyonggi University; 2011.
- Kim GA. A study on the classification of home meal replacement [master's thesis]. Seoul: Kyonggi University; 2010.
- Hur SG. Purchasing behavior for HMR product by life style patterns [master's thesis]. Seoul: Sejong University ; 2007.
- Park BR. The recognition of housewives with elementary school children for processed food and nutrition labeling. (Focusing on Daegu, Gyungbuk area) [master's thesis]. Gyungsan: Youngnam University; 2011.
- Yoon MH. Association between oral health and health-related quality of life in adults [master's thesis]. Seoul: Korea University;2008.
- Lee SM. The status of meal delivery programs and the study of homebound senior's meal satisfaction related to development of quality of life construct model [doctor's thesis]. Seoul; Sookmyung Women's University; 2011.
- Ro YJ. An analytical study on the quality of life of the middle-aged in Seoul [doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Yonsei University; 1988.
- Song JJ. Statistical Methods of SPSS/AMOS for Thesis Writing. Paju: 21C Publishing; 2011.
- Chung LI. Analysis of consumer inclination to convenience towards home meal replacement in Korea [doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Yonsei University; 2005.
- Park SN. A comparative study for HMR: what is the theory that especially 20-30 adults South Korea and Japan? [master's thesis]. Seoul: Kyonggi University; 2007.
- Jang HJ. Evaluation of the menu satisfaction and the customer's menu selection factor in the delivery food service [master's thesis]. Seoul: Chung-Ang University; 2009.
- Seo KH. A study on delivery food of behaviorism of use and selective attribution according to lifestyle: centering on the consumers in metropolitan area [master's thesis]. Seoul: Kwangwoon University;2008.
- Kim MK. A study of relationship between health promoting behavior indices and quality of life indices [master's thesis]. Seoul: Yonsei University; 2001.
Supported by : Sookmyung Womers University