- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Policies and Tasks for Improving Korean CM Industry
CM 산업 발전을 위한 정책 및 과제 추진 방안
- Kang, Seunghee (College of Architecture, Myongji University) ;
- Jung, Youngsoo (College of Architecture, Myongji University) ;
- Kim, Namjoon (College of Architecture, Myongji University) ;
- Shin, Dongwoo (Department of Architecture, Ajou University)
- Received : 2014.06.16
- Accepted : 2014.08.11
- Published : 2014.09.30
As domestic construction investment has been gradually reduced, the issue of expanding overseas CM market has increased. Strengthening CM capability from the view point of project life-cycle is required in overseas CM market. However, current regulations institutionally force public CM services to focus on the construction phase. Therefore, Korean CM firms can hardly have the opportunities for accumulating technical competitiveness especially for pre-construction phase. Result of this study shows that the total efforts in terms of man-hours for the construction phase is found to be more than 78 percent in domestic public CM projects. In this context, this study proposes the policies and tasks for improving 'rigid man-hour placement', 'unreasonable CM fee standards', 'CM firm selection method', 'unreasonable business scope decision', and 'evaluation of owner's project management capability' in order to improve domestic CM Industry as well as to expand overseas CM market successfully.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Jung, Y., Woo, S., Park, J., Kang, S. H., Lee, Y., and Lee, B. N. (2004). "Evaluation of the Owners' CM Functions." Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 5(3), KICEM, pp. 128-136.
- Kim, J. H., and Kim, H. S. (2013). "A Study on the Investigation into Obstacles in Overseas CM Projects." Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 14(5), KICEM, pp. 113-121. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2013.14.5.113
- Kim, S. B., Lee, J. D., and Kim, J. W. (2008). "A Benchmarking Study on CM Fee Estimation." Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 9(1), KICEM, pp. 96-106.
- Lee, B. N., Choi, S. I., and Jang, H. S. (2005). "Suggestions for the Domestic CM/PM Revitalization." CERIK Research Report, 2005-08.
- Lee, Y. H., Chang, C. K., Choi, S. I., Kim, W. T., and Kim, Y. J. (2011). "CM/PM Major Issues and a Path Forward in Korean Construction Industry." CERIK Research Report, 2011-11.
- Lee, U. K., Yoo, W. S., Kim, D. I., Kim, T. H., Cha, M. S., and Cho, H. H. (2012). "Improvement of estimating method for construction management service fee by case study." Korean journal of construction engineering and management, KICEM, 13(4), pp. 16-24. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2012.13.4.016
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) (2013). "Architectural Design Industry, Nurture World Top 5 Class", MOLIT Press Release, August 9, 2013
- Na, K. T., Ryoo, B. Y., and Kang, B. H. (2001). "A Proposal to compile a Practice Guide by Construction Phases for CM Service Projects - Focused on the Case of Construction Manager as Owner's Agent." Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 17(3), pp. 67-74.
- Park, H. K., Shin, K. C., Park, H. P., and Jung, Y. (2008). "A Study of the Future Strategy and Mission for the Stakeholders in Industry, Academy, and Government for the Revitalization of CM." Korean journal of construction engineering and management, KICEM, 9(6), pp. 244-256.
- Park, Y. W., and Lim, N. G. (2011). "Effects of CM Contracts on the Management Technology in the Korean Construction Industry." Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, 11(2), pp. 108-115. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2011.04.2.108
- Woo, S., Kim, D. H., Jung, Y., Lee, B. N., and Kang, S. H. (2001). "Construction Management Contracts in the Korean Construction Industry." CERIK Research Report, 2001-12.
- Growth Model for Korean CM Firms based on 2012 Statistics vol.15, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2014.15.6.092