- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Dispersion Characteristics of Odor from Swine Farms
양돈장 발생 악취의 확산특성 연구
- Received : 2014.04.20
- Accepted : 2014.06.07
- Published : 2014.06.30
This study was conducted to investigate the dispersion prediction of odor from swine farms in Korea. Gaussian Plume model used in considering of farm size, wind velocity, atmospheric stability and threshold odor unit to prediction of odor dispersion based on the survey on current state of odor emission and control from 48 site of swine farms. Farm size, wind velocity and atmospheric stability were affected the distance of odor dispersion, showed longer distance in cases of large farm, low wind velocity and stable atmospheric condition. We will suggestion the adjusted distance of odor dispersion according to farm size was estimated to 180 m in small farm and 320 m in large farm when apply the 3 OU, 5 m/s wind velocity and stable atmospheric condition.
Swine farm;Odor;Dispersion;Atmospheric condition
- Guo, H., Jacobson, L.D., Schmidt, D.R., Nicolai R.E., 2003. Evaluation of the influence of atmospheric conditions on odor dispersion from animal production sites. Transactions of ASAE. 46, 461-466.
- Arya, S., 1999. Air pollution meteorology and dispersion. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Beyers, M., Waechter, B., 2008. Modeling transient snowdrift development around complex three-dimensional structures. J. Wind Eng. & Ind. Aerodynamics, 96, 1603-1615. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jweia.2008.02.032
- Chung, K.H., Han, J.C., Kwag, S.J., Chung, J.D., Lee, J.W., Kim, D.H., 2008. Effects of Enzyme Complex on Odor Emission from Swine Slurry and Swine Buildings. J. Anim. Environ. Sci. 14, 15-22.
- Kim, D.H., Yang, C.B., Choi, D.Y., Gwack, J.H., Song, J.I., Gwack, S.J., 2006. Odor survey in swine farm and its reduction strategy. Korea Swine Producers Association.
- Kim, D.H., Kim, I.B., 1999. A review of the odor control from inside of swine production facilities. J. Anim. Environ. Sci. 5, 203-216.
- Kim, D.H., Lee, I.B., Choi, D.Y., Song, J.I., Jeon, J.H., Ha, D.M., 2013. A survey on current state of odor emission and control from livestock operations. J. Anim. Environ. Sci. 19, 123-132. https://doi.org/10.11109/JAES.2013.19.2.123
- Kim, K.Y., Choi, J.H., 2013. Distribution characteristics of odorous compounds concentrations according to type of pig buildings. J. Kor. Soc. Odor Res. Eng. 12, 27-37. https://doi.org/10.11161/jkosore.2013.12.1.27
- Ni, J.Q., Heber, A.J., Lim, T.T., Diehl, C.A., Duggirala, R.K., Haymore, B.L., Sutton, A.L., 2000. Ammonia emission from a large mechanically ventilated swine building during warm weather. J. Environ. Quality 29, 751-758.
- Park, G.H., Oh, G.Y., Jung, K.H., Jung, S.Y., Cha, G.S., 2005. The Odor characteristics of livestock raising facility J. Kor. Soc. Odor Res. Eng. 4, 207-215.
- Schiffman, S.S., 1998. Livestock odors: Implications for human health and well-being. J. Anim. Sci. 76, 1343-1355.
- Schiffman, S.S., Bennett, J.L., Raymer, J.H., 2001. Quantification of odors and odorants from swine operations in North Carolina. Agric. Forest Meteor. 108, 213-240. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1923(01)00239-8
- Song, J.I., Jeon, J.H., Park, K.H., Yoo, Y.H., Kim, D.H., 2011. Conducted to verify the effect of chlorine dioxide(ClO2) on odor reduction at a commercial swine facility. J. Anim. Environ. Sci. 18(suppl.), 43-50.
- Yang, Y., Gu, M., Chen, S., Jin. X., 2009. New inflow boundary conditions for modelling the neutral equilibrium atmospheric boundary layer in computational wind engineering. J. Wind Eng. & Ind. Aerodynamics. 97, 88-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jweia.2008.12.001
- Yasuhara, A., Fuwa, K., Jimbu, M., 1984. Identification of odorous compounds in fresh and rotten swine manure. Agri. & Biol. Chem. 48, 3001-3010. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.48.3001
- The effect of liquid manure circulation system on the odor reduction of swine farm vol.49, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2015.49.4.57
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 농촌진흥청