- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Crataegus Pinnatifida (CP) on Allergic Contact Dermatitis (ACD) Induced by DNCB in Mice
산사(山楂)가 DNCB로 유발된 생쥐의 알레르기성 접촉피부염에 미치는 영향
- Ryu, Su Hyang (Department of Pediatrics, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongshin University) ;
- Chae, Jung Won (Department of Pediatrics, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongshin University)
- Received : 2014.07.25
- Accepted : 2014.08.08
- Published : 2014.08.31
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a type IV delayed hypersensitivity reaction that results from exposures and subsequent sensitization to an environmental chemical. Crataegus Pinnatifida (CP) is commonly used to improve spleen function, remove retention of food, and promote blood circulation. This study is designed to investigate the effects of CP on ACD induced by 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB) in mice. In this experiment, the effects of CP on changes in body weights, ear and dorsum skin thicknesses, ear weights, clinical aspects on the dorsum skin, histopathological changes, spleen weights, cytokines were investigated. In addition, the effects on the proliferation rates of splenocytes were also investigated in vivo and vitro study. In results, CP spread (CPS) group and CP spread and administered (CPS+Adm) group showed decrease in spleen weights. In CPS+Adm group, dorsum skin thicknesses were decreased significantly compared to control group. CP treatment diminished erythema, desquamation and keratosis which were induced by repeated painting of DNCB. In histopathological observation, spongiosis and edema were diminished in CPS and CPS+Adm group. CP led to decrease in the proliferation rates of splenocytes in vivo and vitro. In conclusion, these data suggest that CP can decrease symptoms of ACD, so CP is useful to treat patient with ACD.
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD);Crataegus Pinnatifida (CP);2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB);Proliferation rates of splenocytes
- Janeway CA. Immunobiology 6th. Seoul: Lifescience. 2005:461.
- Ryu HS, Kim J, Park SC, Kim HS. Enhancing effect of Zingiber Officinale Roscoe extracts on mouse spleen and macrophage cells activation. Korean J Nutr. 2004;37(9):780-5.
- Pyo MY, Cheong AH. Effects of subacute oral administration of mancozeb on the immunopathological parameters and splenocytes proliferation in mice. J Environ Toxicol. 2004;19(4):367-73.
- Korean dermatological association. Dermatology 5th. Seoul: Ryomoongak. 2008:63-84, 165-70, 179-85.
- Lee BW. Bonchojeongyo. Seoul: Iljoongsa. 2002:346-8.
- Hwang KS. Bonchogujin. Seoul: Uiseongdang. 1993:202.
- Chae JK, Kim GW, Shin HM. Crataegi Fructus-induced vascular relaxation through release of endotherial nitric oxide. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2003;17(1):146-50.
- Liou JL, Choi HJ, Kim GW, Shin HM. Vasorelaxation effect of butanol fraction of Crataegi Fructus due to LC20 dephosphorylation via increase of myosin phosphophatase activity. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2003;17(2):461-6.
- Seo BI. Preventive effects of water extracts from Crataegi Fructus on hyperlipiderma and liver damage induced by alcohol. Korea J Herbology. 2005;20(1):35-43.
- Choi HJ, Shin DH, Kim GW, Shin HM. Vasodilatory effect of the fractions from Crataegus pinnatifida and isolation of the active component. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2003;17(5):1236-42.
- Son CW, Chae JK, Kim GW, Shin HM. Effects of Crataegi Fructus on the vascular relaxation and antioxidative status. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2002;16(1):67-71.
- Kwon SH, Kim JB. Effects of Crataegii Fructus on the diet-induced hyperlipidemia in rats. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2010;24(1):67-73.
- Shin JH, Jo MJ, Park SM, Park SJ, Kim SC. Hepatoprotective activity of Crataegii Fructus water extract against cadmium-induced toxicity in rats. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2010;24(2):249-57.
- Wang SB, Ahn EM, Jung JW. The fruits of Crataegus Pinnatifida Bunge ameliorates learning and memory impairments induced by scopolamine. Korea J Herbology. 2009;24(4):165-71.
- Lim YM, Kim BR, Hong GY. Antioxidant effect of Crataegi Fructus extract on the oxidative stress of reactive oxygen species in cultured human skin fibroblast. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2008;22(1):115-9.
- Kim KH, Lee SS, Baek JW, Lee SJ, Kim KH. Effect of Crataegii Fructus on antioxidant capacity in D-galactose induced aging rats. Korean J Orient Prev Med Soc. 2004;8(2):65-80.
- Yoon CY, Lee NG, Kim SH. Huangdi's internal classics plain questions. Daejeon: Joomin. 2004:531.
- Oriental medicine university dermatology & surgery. Text of traditional korean dermatology & surgery. Busan: Sunwoo. 2007:65, 352, 536.
- Cho BG, Lee JY, Kim DG. A Clinical study on the treatment of atopic dermatitis using Naesowhajungtanggamibang. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2005;19(1):131-41.
- Yuan XY, Liu W, Zhang P, Wang RY, Guo JY. Effects and mechanisms of aloperine on 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzeneinduced allergic contact dermatitis in BALB/c mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;629(1-3):147-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2009.12.007
- Kim PR, Ko SK, Pyo MY. Effects of hot water extract of chaga mushroom on the proliferation and cytokines production of mouse splenocytes in vitro. Yakhak Hoeji. 2010;54(3):187-92.
- Ryu JY. Differentiation of syndromes and treatments in surgery & dermatology. Seoul: Seowandang. 1987:209-11.
- Park EH, Yun MY, Kim SB, Kim DH. Effects of GP extract on oxidative stress and contact dermatitis in NC/Nga mice induced by DNCB. Daejeon university oriental medicine institute. 2007;16(2):131-45.
- Kim JH, Choi JJ, Koo YS, Roh SS, Kim DH. Suppression of DNCB-induced dermatitis in NC/Nga murine model by Biheoonsupbang. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2007;21(3):714-20.
- Oriental medicine university herbology. Herbology. Seoul: Younglimsa. 2004:415.
- Kim Jae Ik. Clinical herbology lecture. Seoul: Daesung. 2000:521.
- Shin Tae Yong. Allergy and oriental medicine. Seoul: Shinil. 2001:3, 29, 139-47.
- Jeong JY, Han KH. Common skin disease in korea. Seoul: MD world. 2009:37-48.
- Jeon JH, Kim HA, Kang YH. A literature study on the external therapy of contact dermatitis. J Korean Orient Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 1998;11(1):197-218.
- Kim SC, Lee JR, Choi KI, Park SJ, Kwon YK, Byun SH. Effect of lonicerae flos-skin on contact hypersensitivity induced by repeat elicitation of DNCB. Korea J herbology. 2006;21(1):9-15.
- Kang YH, Kim JT, Kim SA. The effects of Hangryunhaedocktang on allergic contact dermatitis based on the morphological changes in epidemal damage in mice. J Korean Orient Intern Med. 2004;25(3):508-17.
- Shin KS, Son JS, Kim DE, Jeon WJ, Jeong SH, Shin GJ, Lee WC. The effect of Rhemanniae radix extract on allergic contact dermatitis on mice induced by DNCB. Herbal Formula Sci. 2000;8(1):257-79.
- Song JS, Lee JC, Choi JH, Kim JH, Park SY. Effects of Scrophulariae Radix (SR) on allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) induced by DNCB in mice. J Korean Orient Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2011;24(3):1-16.
- Jun JH, Kang YH. The effects of Scutellaria baicalensis GEORGI on allergic contact dermatitis induced by DNCB in mice. Dongguk university oriental medicine institute. 1998;7(1):119-33.
- Park SJ, Lee SG, Baek JH, Byun SH, Kim SC. Effect of Sopung-san on contact hypersensitivity induced by repeat elicitation of DNCB. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2006;20(3):623-8.
- Nam BS, Kim YB. The effects of Sanpunggosamhwan on the allergic contact dermatitis. J Korean Orient Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2005;18(2):10-27.
- Bae EY, Kim DH. Effect of Geopungjeseupbang on contact dermatitis induced by DNCB. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2007;21(6):1491-8.
- Kim JK, Kim YH, Lee HH, Lim SS, Park KW. Effect of Scrophularia buergeriana extract on the degranulation of mast cells and ear swelling induced by dinitrofluorobenzene in mice. Inflammation. 2012;35(1):183-91. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10753-011-9304-x
- Saint-Mezard P, Rosieres A, Krasteva M, Berard F, Dubois B, Kaiserlian D, Nicolas JF. Allergic contact dermatitis. Eur J Dermatol. 2004;14(5):284-95.
- Kim IS, Moon HJ. Core immunology. Seoul: Daihakseolim. 2010:24-5.
- Jung IJ, Wang JH, Yun JW, Lee KW, Yeon SC, Lee HJ, Lee HC. Radiographic estimation of experimentally induced splenomegaly in dogs. J Vet Clin. 2006;23(3):263-6.
- Kwon HH, Kim EJ, Kim IT, Park KH, Yang MG, Eom YB, Lee YJ, Lee JS, Jeong WB. Clinical immunology. Seoul: Koreamedicalbook. 2010:166.
- B Pathway Activation vol.2018, pp.1741-4288, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1096920