- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of Wideband DFD Phase Correlator for 6.0~18.0 GHz Frequency
6.0~18.0 GHz 주파수용 광대역 DFD 위상 상관기 설계 및 제작
- Choi, Won (Department of Electronics Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Koo, Kyung-Heon (Department of Electronics Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2014.05.29
- Accepted : 2014.06.10
- Published : 2014.08.30
This paper has presented the design and fabrication of phase correlator for wideband digital frequency discriminator (DFD) operating over the 6.0 to 18.0 GHz frequency range. Fabricated DFD phase correlator has been measured I or Q output signal, and analyzed frequency discrimination error. The operation of the proposed mixer type correlator has been analyzed by deriving some analytic equations. To design the phase correlator, this paper has modeled and simulated IQ mixer and 8-way power divider by using RF simulation tool. Designed phase correlator has fabricated and measured. The phase error and frequency discrimination error have been presented using by measured I and Q output signal. Over the 6.0~18.0 GHz range, the root mean square(RMS) phase error is
- P. W. East, "Design techniques and performance of digital IFM," IEE Proceedings F, Communications, Radar and Signal Processing, Vol. 129, No. 3, Jun. 1982.
- J. B. Y. Tsui, Microwave Receivers with Electronic Warfare Applications, Florida, FL: Krieger Publishing co., 1992.
- J. B. Y. Tsui, Microwave Receivers and related components, California, CA: Peninsular Publishing, 1985.
- J. O. Park, J. B. Seo, J. H. Kim, S. W. Nam, "Design of a digital frequency discriminator using least squares based phase calibration," in proceeding of SICE Annual Conference, Taipei: Taiwan, Aug. 2010.
- S. Mahlooji and K. Mohammadi, "Very high resolution digital instantaneous frequency measurement receiver," in proceeding of Int. Conf. on Signal Processing Systems, Singapore, 2009.
- W. Choi and K. H. Koo "Isolation analysis of correlator mixer for digital frequency discriminator error improvement," in proceeding of APMC 2013, Seoul: Korea, Dec. 2013.
- K. Burns, "Tracking trends in military IFMs and DFDs," Microwaves & RF, Vol. 48, No. 6. pp. 57-63, Jun. 2009.
- L. Xiang, J. Yonghua, Z. Longjun, T. Zhikai and G. Weiliang, "A new method in DFD design," in proceeding of APMC 2005, Suzhou: China, Dec. 2005.
- Y.S. Yu, E.S. Kim, C.H. Lee, H.K. Ahn, H.S. Yang, J.S. Lim, "A study on digital frequency discriminator (DFD) operating in E, F, and G band," in proceeding of IEEK Summer Conference 2006. Jeju: Korea, Jun. 2006.