- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Study of the Ecosystem Model of Magazine on Special Genre Focusing on Collaboration System within Magazine Firm, Community and Creative User
전문잡지의 생태계 모델 분석 - 잡지사·커뮤니티·사용자의 협업체계를 중심으로
- Chang, Yong Ho (School of communication, Sogang University) ;
- Kong, Byoung-Hun (School of communication, Sogang University) ;
- Jin Jeon, Eun-Young (School of communication, Sogang University)
- Received : 2013.12.09
- Accepted : 2014.08.07
- Published : 2014.08.31
Magazines on specific genres have been operating collaborative, co-working and collective production systems for value maximization using an adaptation strategy on the dynamic, complex and uncertain value network of the magazine industry. The study used a case study method, and data collection was performed by observational research, depth interviews and survey research. The subjects of the study were 'magazine industry', 'magazine firm and community', and 'collaboration system within creative users'. According to the research results, the ecosystem of magazines on a specific genre has been evolving into an innovative value network system, which is combined with the magazine firm, community users and magazine platform. Second, the rapid introduction of smart device environment changes the way of the collaborating system, in which an action and interaction came out within the community, creative users and magazine firms. Third, the production agency shows strong action and interaction, which fits the magazine platform within the ecosystem of a magazine on a specific genre well. This model has a similar fractal structure to the game, publishing, drama, movie, comic, and animation contents industry, converging to an innovative technology-based-creative-industry.
- Chang Y. H., Kong B. H., Cho J. M. Research For Growth Strategy In Magazine Industry Based On Smart Device, Korea Press Foundation, 2013.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism Media Policy Department, 5-Year-Promotion-Strategy for Magazine Industry (2012-2016), 2011.
- KPF, Magazine industry survey, 2014.
- Anderson, C. The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More, Hyperion, 2006.
- Levy, P. Collective Intelligence: Mankind's Emerging World in Cyberspace, Basic Books, 1999.
- Allee, V. The Future of Knowledge: Increasing Prosperity through Value Networks, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002.
- Korea Press Foundation, 2011 Investigation on Magazine Industry, 2011.
- The Quarterly Changbi, Available From: http://www.changbi.com/quarterly/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Cyber Literature square, Available From: http://www.munjang.or.kr. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Christianity Today, Available From: http://www.christiantoday.us/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Dong-A Business Review, Available From: http://www.dongabiz.com/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Microsoftware, Available From: http://www.imaso.co.kr/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Thisisgame, Available From: http://www.thisisgame.com/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Spacemagazine, Available From: http://www.spacemagazine.org/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Cartooncampus, Available From: http://www.facebook.com/cartooncampus/. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Yin, R. K. Case Study Research: Design and Methods, Sage Publications.
- Kim Y. H. Social Network Theory. Parkyoungsa, 2003
- Park M. G. A Study On Phase Changing Of Korean Magazines At New Media Epoch, Studies of Korean Publishing Science, SN 50, pp.83-116, 2006.
- Lee Y. J. A Study on the Multiple Use of the Digital Magazine Contents, Studies of Korean Publishing Science, SN 53, pp.217-244, 2007.
- Lee Y. J. Factors Influencing on Magazine Subscription, The Journal of Korea Contents Associations, SN 12, pp.286-294, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.11.286
- Park J. U. Crisis of the Magazine Journalism in Korea: Intensifying Soft News and Weakening of In-depth Journalism, Studies of Korean Publishing Science, SN 63, pp.5-30, 2012.
- Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y. Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers, Wiley, 2010.
- Benkler, Y. On the new open-source economics, Video on TED.com, Available From: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/yochai_benkler_on_the_new_open_source_economics.html. (accessed Mar., 28, 2014)
- Hippel, Ev. Democratizing Innovation, The MIT Press, 2005.
- Chang, Y. H.,.Kong B. H. The emergence and ensuing typology of global ebook platform: The case study on Google eBook, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks Store, Studies of Korean Publishing Science, SN 61, pp.133-158, 2012b
- Hertel, G., Niedner, S., Herrmann, S. Motivation of software developers in Open Source projects: an Internet-based survey of contributors to the Linux kernel, Research Policy, 32, 2003.
- Lakhani, K. R., Wolf, R. G. Why Hackers Do What They Do: Understanding Motivation Effort in Free/Open Source Software Projects, MIT Sloan School of Management, Working Paper 4425-03, 2003.
- Hippel, Ev. Open User Innovation, Aarhus, Denmark: The Interaction Design Foundation, 2001.
- Howkins, J. The Creative Economy: How People Make Money From Ideas, Penguin books, 2001.
- Caves, R. E. Creative Industries: Contracts between Art and Commerce, Harvard University Press, 2002.
- Chang Y. H. Dynamic Model of Cyber Community Formation, Jipmoon, 2004.
- Arthur, W. B. Complexity and the Economy, Science2, April1999: Vol. 284. No. 5411, 1999.