- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Magnetic Data Analysis of the Chromium Mineralized Belt in Bophi Vum area, Northwestern Myanmar
미얀마 북서부 보피붐 크롬광화대의 자력 탐사자료 해석
- Park, Gyesoon (Mineral Resources Department, Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Heo, Chul-Ho (Mineral Resources Department, Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources)
- Received : 2014.07.10
- Accepted : 2014.08.26
- Published : 2014.08.31
For analyzing the distribution of chromite, magnetic survey was carried out on the chromium mineralized belt in Bophi Vum area, northwestern Myanmar. As a result, the magnetic susceptibility of chromite is lower than those of dunite and harzburgite, which are background rocks of chromite. Also, the locations of low magnetic anomaly zone and low magnetic susceptibility models of 3D magnetic inversion result are spatially well matched with those of chromite occurrences confirmed by the surface geological survey and trench survey. Some of low magnetic effects are expanded to the periphery area of chromite occurrences. Considering the magnetic susceptibility characteristics of various rocks in this area, the expanded low magnetic anomaly zones are estimated as the high potential areas bearing chromite. For confirming the potential area of chromite pointed by coarse magnetic survey, the additional detail exploration need to be carried out in future.
Grant : 해외광물자원탐사 및 자원량평가
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원
- Almeida, A. S. and Journel, A. G., 1994, Joint simulation of multiple variables with a Markov-type coregionalization model, Mathematical Geology, 26(5), 565-588. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02089242
- Choi, H., Kim, Y., and Ji, Y., 2010, Overview on Rare Metal Industries and Their Recycleing, KIC News, 13, 20-29.
- Fullagar, P. K., Pears, G. A., Hutton, D., and Thompson, A., 2004, 3D gravity and aeromagnetic inversion, Pillara region, W.A., Exploration Geophysics, 35, 142-146 https://doi.org/10.1071/EG04142
- Hanshin Choi, Yonghwan Kim, and Youlgwun Ji, 2010, Overview on Rare Metal Industries and Their Recycling, Prospectives of Industrial Chemistry, 13, 20-29.
- Heo, C.-H., Chi, S.-J., Kang, I.-M., and Jin, K., in review, Occurrence characteristics of Bophi Vum chromite mineralized zone in the northwestern Myanmar. Econ. Environ. Geol.
- Kwangmin Jin, Chul-Ho Heo, Se-Jung Chi and Il-Mo Kang, 2014, Study on developing characteristics of Bophi Vum chromite mineralized zone in the northwestern Myanmar based on the trench survey. Journal of the Geological Society of Korea. v. 50, no. 2, p. 293-307. https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2014.50.2.293
- Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, 2013, Resource estimation and Exploration of Overseas Mineral Resources, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, GP2013-007-2013(I).
- Min, K. D., Suh, J.H., Kwon, B. D., 1987, Applied Geophysics, pp142-145, Woo-Sung press.
- Geological Structure and Mineralization in the Vophi Bum Cr Mineralized Zone, NW Myanmar vol.24, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7854/JPSK.2015.24.4.307