- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Corona generated Radio Interference of the 750 kV AC Bundle Conductors in Sandy and Dusty Weather Condition in the High Altitude Area
Liu, Yun-Peng;Zhu, Lei;Lv, Fang-Cheng;Wan, Bao-Quan;Pei, Chun-Ming
- Received : 2014.02.23
- Accepted : 2014.04.18
- Published : 2014.09.01
Sandy and dusty weather condition often occurs in the high altitude areas of China, which may greatly influence the corona generated radio interference (RI) characteristics of the bundle conductors of 750 kV AC power transmission lines. Corona generated RI of the conductors of the 750 kV AC power transmission lines used in practice is measured by EMI receiver with a coupling circuit and a coupling capacitor connected between the high voltage side and the earth side in fine and sandy and dusty condition. The measuring frequency is 0.5 MHz, and the quasi-peak detection is used. RI excitation function is calculated based on the corona RI current measured by the EMI receiver. Corona generated RI characteristics were analyzed from sand concentration and sand particle size. The test result shows that the corona generated RI excitation function is influenced by the sandy and dusty condition. Corona discharge of the conductors is more serious in sandy and dusty condition with an ultraviolet (UV) detector. Corona generated RI excitation function increases with the increase of sand concentration and also increases with the increase of particle size.
Sandy and dusty condition;750 kV bundle conductor;Radio interference;Excitation function;Sand concentration;Particle size
- G. W. Juette, L. E. Zaffanella, "Radio noise current and audible noise on short sections of UHV bundle conductors," IEEE Trans. on PAS, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 902-913, May. 1970.
- P.S. Maruvada, "Corona performance of high voltage transmission lines," London, UK: Research Studies Press Ltd, 2000, pp. 91-108.
- J. B. Kim, D. Lee, K. Y. Shin, H. S. Ahn, and K. H. Yang, "Electromagnetic interference from a three phase double circuit 765-kV test line," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 266-271, Jan. 1999.
- V. L. Chartier, S. M. Lowder, S. Rodick, and M. W. Vogt, "Radio and audible noise performance of T2 conductors," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1464-1474, Jul. 2002..
- Electric Power Research Institute. Transmission line Reference Book: 345 kV and above, second edition. Palo Alto, CA. 1981.
- G. O. Rorbert, D. S. Steven, L. C. Vernon, "Comparison of several methods for calculating power line electromagnetic interference levels and calibration with long term data," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 903-913, Aug. 1992 https://doi.org/10.1109/61.127097
- Radio interference characteristics of overhead power lines and high-voltage equipment. Part 3: Code of practice for minimizing the generation of radio noise, TR CISPR-3, Jun. 2010.
- N. G. Trinh, P. S. Maruvada, B. Poirier, "A comparative study of the corona performance of conductor bundles for 1200 kV Transmission lines," in IEEE PES Summer Meeting & UHV/UHV Conference, 1973.
- Y. Nakano, Y. Sunaga, "Availability of corona cage for predicting radio interference generated from HVDC transmission line," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 1436-1442, Jul. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.57986
- J. Tang, Y. P. Liu, X. Wu, G. Z. Zhang, Q. H. Guan , Y. J. Yang, and J. L. He, "Effect of Altitude on Radio Interference Based on Corona Test Cage," High Voltage Engineering, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 601-606, Mar. 2009. (in Chinese)
- A. A. AI-Arainy, N. H. Malik and M. I. Qureshi, "Influence of Sand/Dust Contamination on the Breakdown of Asymmetrical Air Gaps under Lightning Impulses," IEEE Trans. Electrical Insulation, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 192-205, Apr. 2002.
- M. M. Awad, H. M. Said, B. A. Arafa, and A. E. H. Sadeek. "Effect of sandstorms with charged particles on the flashover and breakdown of transmission lines," in Proc. 2002 International Council on Large Electric systems Conf., pp. 306-309.
- B. He, H. Y. Jin, N. K. Gao, B. F. Cheng, Z. R. Peng, "Characteristics of dust deposition on suspended Insulators during simulated sandstorm," IEEE Trans. Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 100-105, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2010.5412007
- W. X. Sima, Q. Yang, G. Q. Ma, "Experiments and analysis of sand dust flashover of the flat plate model," IEEE Trans. Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 572-581, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2010.5448114
- B. Zhang, R. Zeng, J. L. He, "Influence of sand and dust storms and wind-sand electricity on electric field distribution around head of transmission tower," Shaanxi Electric Power, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 6-10, Jan. 1998. (in Chinese)
- Y. J. Lei, X. N. Wang, L. Y. Li, "Discussion on questions existing in some partition criterion of sandstorm intensity," Journal of desert Research, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 273-277, Mar. 2006. (in Chinese)
- X. M. Bian, L. Chen, D. M. Yu, L. M. Wang, and Z. C. Guan. Impact of surface roughness on corona discharge for 30-year operating conductors ac power transmission line," IEEE Trans. Power delivery, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1693-1695, July. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2012.2190465
- Radio interference characteristics of overhead power lines and high-voltage equipment. Part 2: methods for measurement and procedure for determining limits, TR CISPR-2, Jun. 2010.
- J. Tang, "Study on corona effects and electromagnetic environment of 1000 kV Ultra-high voltage AC transmission line," PhD dissertation, Tsinghua University, China, 2009.
- G. W. Yue, H. X. Lin, X. Chang, "Scientific research of sand and dust storm," Lanzhou, China: Lanzhou University Press, pp. 44-45. (in Chinese)
- X. C. Zhao, M. Q. Zhao, S. Y. Wang, "Determination of dust-storm and its analytical research," Journal of Desert Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13-20, Apr. 1990. (in Chinese)
- L. J. Hagen, E. L. Skidmore, "Wind erosion and visibility problems," American Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 898-903, Jan. 1977. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.35671
- W. S. Chepil, "Dynamics of wind erosion: I Nature of movement of soil by wind," Soil Science, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 305-320, Oct. 1945. https://doi.org/10.1097/00010694-194510000-00004
- W. S. Chepil, "Properties of Soil Which Influence Wind Erosion: IV. State of Dry Aggregate Structure," Soil Science, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 387-401, Nov. 1951. https://doi.org/10.1097/00010694-195111000-00007
- China Electricity Council, Code for design of 110kV-750kV overhead transmission line, Beijing: China Planning Press, , 2010, pp. 11-12.
- Y. P. Liu, S. H. You, F. C Lu, Q. F. Wan, X. M. Bian, L. M. Wang, "500-kV EHV Bundle Conductors' Corona Onset Voltage Calculation and Analysis in Corona Cage at Different Altitudes," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 2090-2097, Oct. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2012.2202694
- F. Lu, Q. Z. Ye, "A dipole approximation for a dielectric mixture based on the equal field energy method," Journal of Electronics, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 116-121, Dec. 2009.
- S. Adrian, D. Lucian, "Unipolar charging of cylindrical insulating particles near electrode surfaces," IEEE Trans. on Industry Application, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 51- 56, Jan. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.658717