- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Flux Sliding-mode Observer Design for Sensorless Control of Dual Three-phase Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor
- Shen, Jian-Qing ;
- Yuan, Lei ;
- Chen, Ming-Liang ;
- Xie, Zhen
- Received : 2013.03.20
- Accepted : 2014.05.07
- Published : 2014.09.01
A novel equivalent flux sliding-mode observer (SMO) is proposed for dual three-phase interior permanent magnet synchronous motor (DT-IPMSM) drive system in this paper. The DT-IPMSM has two sets of Y-connected stator three-phase windings spatially shifted by 30 electrical degrees. In this method, the sensorless drive system employs a flux SMO with soft phase-locked loop method for rotor speed and position estimation, not only are low-pass filter and phase compensation module eliminated, but also estimation accuracy is improved. Meanwhile, to get the regulator parameters of current control, the inner current loop is realized using a decoupling and diagonal internal model control algorithm. Experiment results of 2MW-level DT-IPMSM drives system show that the proposed method has good dynamic and static performances.
Dual three-phase IPMSM;Equivalent flux linkage;Sliding-mode observer;Sensorless control
- G. K. Singh, K. Nam, and S. K. Lim, "A simple indirect field-oriented control scheme for multiphase induction machine," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electr. vol. 52, pp. 1177-1184, August. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.851593
- R. Bojoi, M. lazzari, F. Profumo, and A. Tenconi, "Digital field-oriented control for dual three-phase induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. vol. 39, pp. 752-759, May/June. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.811790
- E. Levi, "Multiphase electric machines for variablespeed applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, pp. 1893-1908, May. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.918488
- E. Levi, R. Bojoi, F. Profumo, H. A. Toliyat, and S. Williamson," Multi- phase induction motor drives - a technology status review," IET Electr. Power Appl., vol. 1, pp.489-516, July. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa:20060342
- R. Wu, and G. Slemon, "A permanent magnet motor drive without a shaft sensor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 27, pp. 1005-1011, May. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.90359
- S. Shinnaka. "New sensorless vector control using minimum-order flux state observer in a stationary reference frame for permanent-magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electr., vol. 53, pp. 388- 398, April. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.870729
- L. Yuan, F. Xiao. J Q Shen,etc, "Sensorless control of high- power interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drives at very low speed," IET Electrical power & Applications, vol. 7, pp. 199-206, April. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2012.0103
- Su Jianyong, Li Tiecai, Yang Guijie. PMSM sensorless control based on four-order hybrid sliding mode observer [J]. Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 24, pp. 98-103, 2009.
- Chan T F, Wang W, Borsje P, etc. Sensorless permanent magnet synchronous motor drives using a reduced-order rotor flux observer [J]. IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 2, pp. 88-98, 2007.
- Z. Xu, M. F. Rahman, "An adaptive sliding stator flux observer for a direct-torque-controlled IPM synchronous motor drive" IEEE Trans. Ind. Electr., vol. 54, pp. 2398-2406, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.900328
- Yuan Lei, Shen Jian-qing, Xiao Fei, etc. Nonsingular terminal sliding-mode observer design for interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drive at very low-speed [J]. Acta Physiac Sinica, vol. 7, pp. 030501, 2013.
- Z. Chen, M. Tomita, S. Doki, and S. Okuma, "The pole assignment of adaptive sliding observers for BLM's sensorless control," in Nat. Conv. Rec. IEEJ, vol. 4, pp. 286-287, Mar. 1998.
- G. Foo ,and M. F. Rahman, " sensorless sliding-mode MTPA control of an IPMSM synchronous motor drive using a sliding-mode observer and HF signal injection," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, pp. 1270-1278, April. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2030820
- Y. Zhao, and T. A. Lipo, "Space vector PWM control of dual three-phase induction machine using vector space decomposition," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 31, pp. 1100-1109, Sep./Oct. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.464525
- L. Harnefors and H. P. Nee, "A general algorithm for speed and position estimation of AC motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electr., vol. 47, pp. 77-83, February. 2000.
- L. Harnefors, and H. P. Nee, "Model-based current control of AC machines using the internal model control method," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 34, pp. 133-141, Jar./ Feb. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.658735
- R. Bojoi, A. Tenconi, F. Profumo, G. Griva, and D. Martinello, "Complete analysis and comparative study of digital modulation techniques for dual three-phase AC motor drives," in Proc. IEEE PESC'02, pp. 851-857, 2002.
- Modeling and Inner–Outer Decoupling of Dual-Rotor Machines for Continuous Variable Transmission Systems vol.64, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2703661
- Online Parameter Identification for Model-Based Sensorless Control of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine vol.32, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2016.2598731