- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Simple Strategy for Sensorless Speed Control for an IPMSM During Startup and Over Wide Speed Range
Sim, Hyun-Woo;Lee, June-Seok;Lee, Kyo-Beum
- Received : 2013.12.11
- Accepted : 2014.04.13
- Published : 2014.09.01
This paper presents a hybrid sensorless control for an interior permanent magnet synchronous motor (IPMSM) for zero-, low-, and high-speed regions. Many sensorless control methods such as an observer-based estimator have been introduced. However, most of the observer-based estimators have a disadvantage at start-up and in the low-speed region. To solve this problem, a simple strategy of using a hybrid system is proposed by integrating a high-frequency (HF) signal injection method and a full-order flux observer. In addition, an HF signal injection method with only a low pass filter (LPF) is proposed to simplify the hybrid system. The hybrid system achieves high-performance drive throughout the entire speed range. The effectiveness of the proposed hybrid technique is verified by experiments using an 11-kW IPMSM drive system.
Permanent magnet synchronous motor;Sensorless control;Signal injection;Full-order observer
- Z. Wang, K. Lu, and F. Blaabjerg, "A Simple Startup Strategy Based on Current Regulation for Back- EMF-Based Sensorless Control of PMSM," IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 8, pp.3817- 3825, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2186464
- R. Wu, "Permanent magnet motor drive without a shaft sensor," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1005-1011, Sep/Oct 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.90359
- J. I. Ha, S. J. Kang, and S. K. Sul, "Positioncontrolled Synchronous Reluctance Motor Without Rotational Transducer," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1393-1398. Nov/Dec 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.806054
- B. Nahid-Mobarakeh, F. Meibody-Tabar, and F.-M. Sargos, "Back EMF Estimation-Based Sensorless Control of PMSM: Robustness With Respect to Measurement Errors and Inverter Irregularities," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 485-494, Mar / Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.889826
- K. B. Lee and F. Blaabjerg, "Reduced Order Extended Luenberger Observer Based Sensorless Vector Control Driven by Matrix Converter With Non-Linearity Compensation," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 66-75, Feb. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.862313
- S. Bolognani, R. Oboe, and M. Zigliotto, "Sensorless Full-Digital PMSM Drive with EKF Estimation of Speed and Rotor Position," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 184-191, Feb. 1999.
- A. Matsumoto, M. Hasegawa, and K. Matsui, "A Novel Flux Model and Decoupling Control on Maximum Torque Control Frame for IPMSM Position Sensorless Vector Control," Proc. SPEEDAM 2010, pp. 312-317, Jun. 2010.
- A. Matsumoto, M. Hasegawa, M. Tomita, and K. Matsui, "Algebraic Design of Full-Order Flux Observer for IPMSM Position Sensorless Control," in conf. IEEE / IEMDC conf, pp. 1276-1281, May. 2011.
- S. Pongam and S. Sangwongwanich, "Stability and Dynamic Performance Improvement of Adaptive Full-Order Observers for Sensorless PMSM Drive", IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 588-600, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2153212
- K. B. Lee and F. Blaabjerg, "An Improved DTCSVM Method for Sensorless Matrix Converter Drives Using an Overmodulation and Simple Non- Linearity compensation," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 3155-3166, Dec. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.905914
- P. L Jansen and R. D. Lorenz, "Transducerless Field Orientation Concepts Employing Saturation- Induced Saliencies in Induction Machines," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1380-1392, Nov / Dec 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.556642
- K. B. Lee, F. Blaabjerg, and T. W. Yoon, "Speed Sensorless DTC-SVM for Matrix Converter Drives with Simple Non-Linearity Compensation," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 1639- 1649, Nov./Dec. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2007.908177
- J. Holtz, "Sensorless Control of Induction Machineswith or Without Signal Injection?," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 7-30, Feb. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.862324
- J. H. Jang, J. I. Ha, M. Ohto, K. Ide, and S. K. Sul, "Analysis of Permanent-Magnet Machine for Sensorless Control Based on High-Frequency Signal Injection," IEEE Trans. Industry Application, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1595-1604, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.836222
- M. J. Corley and R. D. Lorenz, "Rotor Position and Velocity Estimation for a Salient-Pole Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine at Standstill and High Speeds," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 784-789, Jul / Aug. 1998.
- R. D. Lorenz and K. W. Van Patten, "High-resolution velocity estimation for all-digital, AC servo drives," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 701-705. Jul / Aug 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.85485
- C. Silva, G. M. Asher, and M. Sumner, "Hybrid Rotor Position Observer for Wide Speed-Range Sensorless PM Motor Drives Including Zero Speed," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 373-378, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.870867
- G. D. Andreescu, C.I. Pitic, F. Blaabjerg, and I. Boldea, "Combined Flux Observer with Signal Injection Enhancemnet for Wide Speed Range Sensorless Direct Torque Control of IPMSM Drives," IEEE Trans. Energy conversion, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 393-402, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2007.914386
- A. Piippo and J. Luomi, "Adaptive Observer Combined with HF Signal Injection for Sensorless Control of PMSM Drives," in Proc. IEMDC 2005, San Antonio, TX, pp. 674-681.
- G. Foo and M. F. Rahman, "Sensorless Sliding-Mode MTPA Control of an IPM Synchronous Motor Drive Using a Sliding-Mode Observer and HF Signal Injection," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1270-1278, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2030820
- O. Wallmark and L. Harnefors, "Sensorless Control of Salient PMSM Drives in the Transition Region," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1179-1187, Aug. 2009.
- A Sensorless Control of IPMSM using the Adaptive Back-EMF Estimator and Improved Instantaneous Reactive Power Compensator vol.65, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.5.794
- Singularity-Free Adaptive Speed Tracking Control for Uncertain Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor vol.31, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2422790
- Off-Line Parameter Identification of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Using a Goertzel Algorithm vol.10, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.6.2262
- Wide-Range Sensorless Control for SPMSM Using an Improved Full-Order Flux Observer vol.15, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.3.721
Supported by : Hyosung Power & Industrial Systems Performance Group