- Volume 9 Issue 5
This paper investigates the optimal values of turn-on and turn-off angles, and ratio of flux linkage at turn-off angle and peak phase current positions of optimal control for accomplishing maximum output power in an 8/6 Switched Reluctance Generator (8/6 SRG). Phase current waveform is analyzed to determine optimal excitation angles (optimal turn-on and turn-off angles) of the SRG for maximum output power which is applied from a nonlinear magnetization curve in terms of control variables (dc bus voltage, shaft speed, and excitation angles). The optimal excitation angles in single pulse mode of operation are proposed via the analytical model. Simulated and experimental results have verified the accuracy of the analytical model.
Switched reluctance generator;Output power;Excitation angles;Magnetization curve;Analytical model
- D. A. Torrey, "Switched Reluctance Generators and Their Control", IEEE Trans on IndElec, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 3-14, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.982243
- T. J. E. Miller, "Electronic Control of Switched Reluctance Machines", Oxford, UK,Newnes, 2001.
- K. Xin, Q. Zhan, and J. Luo, "A New Simple Sensor less Control Method for Switched Reluctance Motor Drives", Journal of ElecEng& Tech, Vol.1, no. 1, pp. 52-57, 2006.
- C. A. Ferreira, S. R. Jones, W. S. Heglund, and W. D. Jones, "Detailed Design of a 30-kW Switched Reluctance Starter/Generators System for a Gas Turbine Engine Application", IEEE Trans on IndAppl, vol. 31, no. 3, pp.553-561, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.382116
- R. Cardenas, W. F. Ray, and G. M. Asher, "Swithced Reluctance Generators for Wind Energy Applications", Proc IEEE, pp. 559-564, 1995.
- B. Fahimi, A. Emadi, and R. B. SepeJr, "A switched Reluctance Machine-Base Startor/Alternator for More Electic Cars", IEEE Trans on EnergConv, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 116-124, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2003.822322
- P. Asadi, M. Ehsani, and B. Fahimi. "Design and Control Characterization of Switched Reluctance Generator for Maximum Output Power", Proc IEEE, pp. 1639-1644, 2006.
- F. Soares and P. J. C. Branco, "Simulation of a 6/4 Switched Reluctance Motor Based on Matlab/ Simulink Environment", IEEE Trans on Aero and Elec Sys, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 989-1009, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.953252
- J. M. Kokernak and D. A. Torrey, "Magnetic Circuit Model for the Mutually Coupled Switched-Reluctance Machine", IEEE Trans on Mag, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 500-507, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.825824
- D. W. J. Pulle, "New Data Base for Switched Reluctance Drive Simulation", Proc. IEE on ElecPowAppl, vol. 138, no. 6, pp. 331-337, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-d.1991.0045
- X. Cao, Z. Deng, T. Yao, J. Cai, and Z. Zhuang, "Analysis and Application of Phase Current in Switched Reluctance Generators", IEEE Trans. on Appl Sup, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 1063-1067, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2043081
- Y. Xu and D. A. Torrey, "Study of the Mutually Coupled Switched Reluctance Machine Using the Finite Element-Circuit Coupled Method", Proc. IEE on ElecPowAppl, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 81-86, 2002.
- C. Roux and M. M. Morcos, "On the Use of a Simplified Model for Switched Reluctance Motors", IEEE Trans on EnerConv, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 400- 405, 2002.
- Y. Cai, Q. Yang, L. Su, Y. Wen, and Y. You, "Nonlinear Modeling for Switched Reluctance Motor by Measuring Flux Linkage Curves", ProcIEEE on Com Eng and Tech, V6-47-V6-51, 2010.
- T. Sawata. P. C. Kjaer, C. Cossar, and T. J. E. Miller, "A Control Strategy for the Switched Reluctance Generator", ProcICEM on Elec Mach and Sys, pp. 2131-2136, 1998.
- Y. Sozer and D. A. Torrey, "Closed Loop Control of Excitation Parameters for High Speed Switched- Reluctance Generators", IEEE Trans on PowElec, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 355-362, 2004.
- H. Chen and J. J. Gu, "Implementation of the Three- Phase Switched Reluctance Machine System for Motors and Generators", IEEE/ASME Trans on Mech, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 421-432, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2009.2027901
- M. Ziapour, E. A fjei, and M. Yousefi. "Optimam Commutation Angles for Voltage Regulation of a High Speed Switched Reluctance Generator", Proc PEDST, pp. 271-276, 2013.
- V. Nasirian, S. Kaboli and A. Davoudi, "Output power Maximization and Optimal Symmetric Freewheeling Excitation for Switched Reluctance Generators", IEEE Trans on IndAppl, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1031-1042, 2013.
- A new outer-rotor flux switching permanent magnet generator for wind farm applications vol.20, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/we.1986