- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Probabilistic Assessment of Total Transfer Capability Using SQP and Weather Effects
- Kim, Kyu-Ho ;
- Park, Jin-Wook ;
- Rhee, Sang-Bong ;
- Bae, Sungwoo ;
- Song, Kyung-Bin ;
- Cha, Junmin ;
- Lee, Kwang Y.
- Received : 2013.11.22
- Accepted : 2014.06.12
- Published : 2014.09.01
This paper presents a probabilistic method to evaluate the total transfer capability (TTC) by considering the sequential quadratic programming and the uncertainty of weather conditions. After the initial TTC is calculated by sequential quadratic programming (SQP), the transient stability is checked by time simulation. Also because power systems are exposed to a variety of weather conditions the outage probability is increased due to the weather condition. The probabilistic approach is necessary to evaluate the TTC, and the Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS) is used to accomplish the probabilistic calculation of TTC by considering the various weather conditions.
Total transfer capability;Sequential Quadratic Programming (SQP);Transient stability;Probabilistic approach;Weather condition
- North American Electric Reliability Council, "Available Transfer Capability Definitions and Determination," NERC Report, June 1996.
- X. Yu, C. Singh, S. Jakovljevic, D. Ristanovic, and G. Huang, "Total transfer capability considering FACTS and security constraints," in Proc. 2003 IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conf. And Expo., Sep. 2003, vol. 1, pp. 73-78.
- W. Rosehart, C. Canizares, and V. Quintana, "Optimal power flow incorporating voltage collapse constraints," IEEE PES Summer Meeting, Vol. 2, 18-22, July 1999, pp. 820-825.
- V. Ajjarapu and C. Christy, "The Continuation Power Flow: A Tool for Steady State Voltage Stability Analysis," IEEE T-PS, Vol. 7, No. 1, Feb 1992.
- X. Yu and C. Singh, "Probabilistic Analysis of Total Transfer Capability Considering Security Constraints," 8th International Conference on PMAPS, Iowa State University, September 12-16, 2004.
- K. Audomvongseree and A. Yokoyama, "Consideration of an Appropriate TTC by probabilistic Approach," IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 19, No, 1, Feb 2004.
- A. Berizzi, C. Bovo, M. Delfanti, M. Merlo, M. Savino, "A Monte Carlo Approach for TTC Evaluation," IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 22, No, 2, May 2007.
- J. -W. Park, K. -H. Kim, H. -S. Lee, J. -O. Kim, D. -J. Shin, "Assessment of Total Transfer Capability Considering Uncertainty of Weather," International Conference on Electrical Engineering, Kunming, China, July, 2005.
- M. A. Pai, Energy Function Analysis for Power System Stability, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1989.
- A. A. Fouad and V. Vittal, Power System Transient Stability Analysis Using The Transient Energy Function Methods, Prentice Hall, 1992, p.138.
- S. -N. Kim, K. -H. Kim, S. -K. You, "Real-time estimation of multiple series capacitor quantity for transient stability energy margin improvement," IEEE PES Winter Meeting, pp. 238-243, Jan. 2002.
- R. Billinton and R. N. Allan, Reliability Evaluation of Power System, Plenum Press, New York, 1996.
- K. -H. Kim, S. -N. Kim, S. -B. Rhee, S. -K. Lee, and K. -B. Song, "Assessment of total transfer capability subject to transient stability energy margin," IEEE Transmission and Distribution Asia, September, pp. 238-243, 2008.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea