- Volume 9 Issue 5
This paper presents the result of the estimation of the power interruption costs of Korean commercial customers. Commercial customers are usually located in urban areas and considered very important because a power interruption on them can expand to additional damage to related users. Their power interruption costs were calculated through a survey with the process of data selection. Also, the power interruption cost for each customer's business type was calculated and compared with that of foreign cases.
Interruption cost;Customer survey;Commercial customer;Microscopic method;KSIC
- Ponemon Institute, "2013 Cost of Data Center Outages", Dec. 2013.
- M. J. Sullivan, T. Vardell, and A. Vojadni, "Interruption Costs, Customer Satisfaction and Expectations for Service Reliability", IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 989-995, May 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.496185
- M. Munasinghe, M. Gellerson, "Economic criteria for optimizing power systems reliability levels", Bell J. Econ., pp. 353-365, Spring 1979.
- G. Wacker, R. Billinton, "Customer cost of electric service interruptions", IEEE Proc, vol. 77, Issue. 6, pp. 919-930, Jun. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.29332
- EPRI, "Outage Cost Estimation Guidebook", EPRI TR-106082, Dec. 1995.
- R. Ghajar, R. Billinton, E. Chan, "Distributed nature of residential customer outage costs", IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1236-1244, Aug. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.535595
- D. J. Sheskin, "Handbook of Parametric and Nonparametric Statistical Procedures: 3rd Edition", CRC Press, Feb. 2013.
- KERI, "A Technology to Evaluate Reliability and Economy of Distribution Power System under Competition Structure", pp. 79-212, Aug. 2004.
- Y. H. Kim, "Evaluation of the Microscopic Customer Interrupt Cost of Commerce", KIEE Summer Conference, pp.196-197, 2010.
- M. J. Sullivan, M. Mercurio, J. Schellenberg, "Estimated Value of Service Reliability for Electric Utility Customers in the United States", LBNL-2132E, Jun. 2009.
- M. Sullivan, M. Perry, "Pacific Gas & Electric Company's 2012 Value of Service Study", May 2012
- Gerd H. Kjolle, Knut Samdal, etc, "Customer Costs Related to Interruptions and Voltage Problems: Methodology and Results", IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1030-1038, Aug. 2008 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2008.922227