- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Distribution of the Common Squid Todarodes pacificus Paralavae in the Southern Coastal Waters in the East Sea in August and September 2013
2013년 8월, 9월 동해 남부연안 살오징어 유생 분포
- Received : 2014.07.14
- Accepted : 2014.08.14
- Published : 2014.08.28
Paralarvae of the common squid, Todarodes pacificus Steenstrup were sampled with the bongo net (diameter: 60 cm, mesh:
Common squid;Todarodes pacificus;Paralavae;East Sea;Spawning ground
- Bower, J.R. and Y. Sakurai, 1996. Laboratory observations on Todarodes pacificus (Cephalopoda Ommastrephidae) egg masses. Ame. Malacol. Bull., 13: 65-71.
- Hamabe, M. and T. Shimizu, 1966. Ecological studies on the common squid Todarodes pacificus Steenstrup, mainly in the southwestern waters of the Japan Sea. Bull. Jap. Sea Reg. Fish. Res. Lab., 16: 13-55 (in Japanese with English abstract).
- Hatanaka, H., S. Kawahara, Y. Uozumi and S. Kasahara, 1985. Comparison of life cycles of five ommastrephid squids fished by Japan: Todarodes pacificus, Illex Illecebrosus, Illex argentinus, Nototodarus sloani sloani and Nototodarus sloani gouldi. NAFO Sci. Coun. Studies., 9: 59-68.
- Hong, C.H. and K.D. Cho, 1983. The northern boundary of the Tsushima Warm Current and its fluctuations. J. Oceanol. Soc. Kor., 28: 1-9.
- Kidokoro, H., T. Goto, T. Nagasawa, H. Nishida, T. Akamine and Y. Sakurai, 2010. Impact of a climate regime shift on the migration of Japanese common squid (Todarodes pacificus) in the Sea of Japan. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 67: 1314-1322.
- Kidokoro, H., Y. Wada, T. Shikata, K. Sano and R. Uji, 1999. Growth of the Japanese common squid Todarodes pacificus in the Sea of Japan in 1996 analyzed from statolith microstructure. Bull. Jpn. Sea Natl. Fish. Res. Inst.: 69-75.
- Lee, C,I., 2007. Influences of climate factors and water temperature in squid spawning grounds on Japanese common Squid (Todarodes pacificus) catches in the East (Japan) Sea. J. Fish. Sci. Tech., 10: 150-158. https://doi.org/10.5657/fas.2007.10.3.150
- Kim, J.J., 2008. Summer occurrence and transport process of common squid (Todarodes pacificus) paralarvae in the East China Sea. M.D. Thesis, Pukyung National University, Busan, pp. 1-50.
- Kim, J.J., 2012. A study of early life stage for Japanese common squid (Todarodes pacificus) based on observations and modelling approaches. Ph.D. Thesis, Pukyung National University, Busan, pp. 54-78.
- Kim, J.J., H.H. Lee, S. Kim and C. Park, 2011. Distribution of larvae of the common squid Todarodes pacificus in the Northern East China Sea. Kor. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 44: 267-275. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0267
- Murata, M., 1990. Ocean resources of squids. Mar. Behav. Physiol., 18: 19-71. https://doi.org/10.1080/10236249009378779
- Okutani, T., 1983. Todarodes pacificus. In: Cephalodod life cycles. Boyle PR, ed. vol 1 Academic, London, U.K, pp. 201-214.
- Roper, C.F.E., M.J. Sweeny and C.E. Nauen, 1984. Family Ommastrephidae. In: FAO Species Catalogue. Vol.3. Cephalopods of the World. An annotated and illustrated catalogue of species of interest to fisheries. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, pp. 227.
- Rosa, A.L., J. Yamamoto and Y. Sakurai, 2011. Effects of environmental variability on the spawning areas, catch, and recruitment of the Japanese common squid, Todarodes pacificus (Cephalopoda: Ommastrephidae), from the 1970s to the 2000s. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 68: 1114-1121. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsr037
- Sakurai, Y., H. Kiyofuji, S. Saitoh, T. Goto and Y. Hiyama, 2000. Change in inferre spawning areas of Todarodes pacificus (Cephalopoa : Ommastrephidae) due to changing environmental conditions. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 57: 24-30. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmsc.2000.0667
- Sakurai, Y., 2006. How climate change might impact squid populations and ecosystems: a case study of the Japanese common squid, Todarodes pacificus. Globec. Rep., 24: 33-34.
- Sakurai, Y., J.R. Bower, Y. Nakamura, S. Yamamoto and K. Watanabe, 1996. Effects of temperature on development and survival of Todarodes pacificus embryos and paralarvae. Ame. Malaco.l Bull., 13: 89-95.
- Sakurai, Y. and M.J. Kishi, 2007. Prediction of life strategy and stock fluctuation of the Japanese common squid, Todarodes pacificus, related to climate change during the 21st Century. PICES XVI Annual Meeting Presentations, Session 1: Science Board Symposium.
- Sakurai, Y., H. Kiyofuji, S. Saitoh, J. Yamamoto, T. Goto, K. Mori and T. Kinoshita, 2002. Stock fluctuations of the Japanese common squid, Todarodes pacificus, related to recent climate changes. Fish. Sci., 68: 226-229. https://doi.org/10.2331/fishsci.68.sup1_226
- Shimura, T., J. Yamamoto, Y. Kamei and Y. Sakurai, 2005. Possible spawning by the japanese common squid, Todarodes pacificus at Yamato Rise, Sea of Japan. Phuket mar. biol. Cent. Res. Bull., 66: 267-273.
- Shevtsov, G.A., M.A. Zuev, O.N. Katugin and N.M. Mokrin, 2005. Distribution and biology of the Japanese common squid (Todarodes pacificus) in the Pacific Ocean off the Kuril Islands and eastern Kamchatka in summer. Ruthenica, 15: 99-108.
- Sweeney, M.J., C.F.E. Roper, K.M. Mangold, M.R. Clark and Sv. Boletzky, 1992. "Larval" and juvenile cephalopods: A manual for their identification. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, pp. 109-110.
- Takigawa, T., J.H. Yoon and K.D. Cho, 2005. The Tsushima Warm Current through Tsushima Straits estimated from ferryboat ADCP data. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 35: 1154-1168. https://doi.org/10.1175/JPO2742.1
- Tian Y.J., H. Kidokoro and T. Watanabe, 2006. Long-term changes in the fish community structure from the Tsushima Warm Current region of the Japan/East Sea with an emphasis on the impacts of fishing and climate regime shift over the last four decades. Prog. in Oceanogr., 68: 217-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2006.02.009
- Yamamoto, J., S. Masuda, K. Miyashita, R. Uji and Y. Sakurai, 2002. Investigation of the early stage of the ommastrephid Todarodes pacificus near the Oki Islands (Sea of Japan). Bull. Mar. Sci., 71: 987-992.
- Yamamoto, J., T. Shimura, R. Uji, S. Masuda, S. Watanabe and Y. Sakurai, 2007. Vertical distribution of Todarodes pacificus (Cephalopoda: Ommastrephidae) Paralarvae near the Oki Island, southwestern Sea of Japan. Mar. Biol., 153: 7-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00227-007-0775-0
- Zhang C.I., J.B. Lee, Y.I. Seo, S.C. Yoon and S. Kim, 2004. Variations in the abundance of fisheries resources and ecosystem structure in the Japan/East Sea. Prog. in Oceanogr., 61: 245-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2004.06.009
- Zhang C.I., S.C. Yoon and J.B. Lee, 2007. Effects of the 1988/89 climatic regime shift on the structure and function of the southwestern Japan/East Sea ecosystem. J. Mar. Sys., 67: 225-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmarsys.2006.05.015