- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Species composition and variation of catches by a set net in the coastal waters of Gyudeok, Jeju island
제주도 귀덕 연안에서 정치망에 의해 채집된 어획물의 종조성 및 어획량 변동
- Kim, Maeng Jin (Subtropical Fisheries Research Center, National Fisheries Research and Development Institute (NFRDI)) ;
- Lee, Jong Hee (Fisheries Resources Management, Division NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Chang Heon (College of Ocean Sciences, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Byung-Yeob (College of Ocean Sciences, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2014.03.25
- Accepted : 2014.08.25
- Published : 2014.08.31
Fish was caught by a set net in Gwideok, Jeju island that was studied to determine monthly variation of species composition and catch from May 2005 to October 2006. Total catch was 54 species, 44,118 individuals, and 2,152,423.7 g during survey period. Dominant species were Trachurus japonicus and Siganus fuscescens that held 91.3% of total individuals and 71.3% of total abundance. The highest individuals and abundance of catch were in July 2005, and the lowest individuals and abundance of catch were in October 2006 and in October 2005, respectively. As the result, temporal change in abundance have corresponded with changing water temperature.
Species composition;set net;Jeju island
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Cha BY. 1999. Species composition of fish in coastal water off Goeje Island. Korea J Ichthyol 11 (2), 184-190.
- Cha BY, Kim DK and Seo SH. 2007. Species and abundance variation of fish by a gill net in coastal waters of southern sea, Korea, 2006. Korean J Ichthyol 19 (3), 210-224.
- Cha BY, Kim BY and Oh SW. 2001. Catch variation and fishing period of the set net fishery in coastal of Jeju Island. Korean J Ichthyol 13 (3), 210-219.
- Cha BY, Chang DS and Kim BY. 2004. Seasonal variation of fish catch by a set net in Hamdeuk fishing ground off Jeju Island. J Kor Fish Soc 37 (1), 65-72. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2004.37.1.065
- Choi Y, Oh JK and Ra HK. 2003. Fish fauna of the southern coastal waters in Jeju-do, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 15, 120-126.
- Clarke KR and Gorley RN. 2006. PRIMER v6: User Manual/Tutorial. PRIMER-E Ltd, UK. 1-190.
- Go YB and Shin HS. 1988. Species occurrence and food chain of fisheries resources, nekton, on the coast of Pukchen, Cheju Island. I. Species composition and diversity. Bull Kor Fish Soc 21 (3), 131-138.
- Go YB and Shin HS. 1990. Species composition and diversity of fisheries resources, nekton, off the coast of Hwasun, Southern part of Cheju Island. Korean J Ichthyol 2 (1), 36-46.
- Go YB and Cho SH. 1997. Study on the fish community in the seagrass belt around Cheju Island I. Species composition and seasonal variations of fish community. J Ichthyol 9 (1), 48-60.
- Je JK, Yoo JM and Son MH. 1990. Preliminary study on the cephalopod molluscs of the Korean waters. Rep. Korea Ocean Res Dev Inst, 146pp.
- Kim JT, Jeong DG and Rho HK. 1999. Environmental character and catch fluctuation of set net ground in the coastal water Hanlim in Cheju Island. J Kor Fish Soc 32 (1), 105-111.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CL, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated book of Korean fishes. Kyo-Hak Publishing Co, Seoul, 615pp.
- Kim SJ, Woo SH, Kim BMand Hur SD. 2011. Trends in sea surface Temperature (SST) change near the Korean peninsula for the past 130 years. Ocean and Polar Res 33 (3), 281-290. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2011.33.3.281
- Kwak SN and Huh SH. 2007. Temporal variation in species composition and abundance of fish assemblaes in Masan bay. Korean J Ichthyol 19 (2), 132-141.
- Lee SJ, Ko JC, Yoo JT, Im YJ, Kim BY and Kim JI. 2009. Species composition and seasonal variation of fish assemblage of the western coastal waters of Jeju Island, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 21 (3), 167-176.
- McNaughton SJ. 1968. Structure and function in California grassland. Ecology, 49, 962-972. https://doi.org/10.2307/1936547
- Nakabo T. 2002. Introduction of Ichthyology. In: Nakabo, T (ed.), Fishes of Japan with pictorial keys to the species, English ed. Tokai Univ Press, Tokyo, 1749 pp.
- Pielou EC. 1966. The measurement of diversity in different types of biological collections. T Theoret Biol 13, 131-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5193(66)90013-0
- Ryu JH, Kim PK, Kim JK and Kim HJ. 2005. Seasonal variation of species composition of fishes collected by gil net in the middle East sea of Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 7 (4), 279-286.
- Shannon CE and Wiener W. 1963. The mathematical theory of communication. Illinois Univ Press, Urban, 1-125.
- Yoo JM, Kim S, Lee EK and Kim YU. 1998. Studies on the fish larva community in sea around Cheju Island in November, 1986. J Oceanol Soc Korea 3 (2), 71-79.
- Wootton RJ. 1992. Fish ecology. Chapman and Hall, London. 212pp.
- Occurrence of Indo-Pacific Bottlenose Dolphins Tursiops aduncus off Jeju Island, Korea during the Early 2000s vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0940
- Acoustic monitoring using multi-beam imaging sonar through a set net in the Southern Sea, Korea vol.82, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-016-1013-9