- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Studies on the setting a restricted area and recreation fishing management of Jeju special self-governing province
제주특별자치도의 낚시관리 및 통제구역 설정에 관한 연구 -관련법 분석 및 설문조사-
- Koo, Myung-Sung (College of Ocean sciences, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Suk-Jong (College of Ocean sciences, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2014.08.08
- Accepted : 2014.08.24
- Published : 2014.08.31
This study is one of the research series for providing basic data that would contribute to the development of the field of fishing industry through the systematic fishing management, protection of fishery resources and healthy fishing culture with safety measures for fishermen in Jeju island according to the implementation of "Fishing Management and Support Act". As a result of analyzing the related acts, the contents of this study are related with provisions of "Fishing management and Support Act" on acts on fishing management, fish bait management, support for fishing and fishing related industries and with provisions of "Act of the preservation and management of desert island" on the preservation, use and development of desert island (use and development in a desert island, behavior in usable desert island). As a result of the survey, the rocks on the seashore showed the highest popularity with 52.6% for fishermen and the seawall was the highest with 47.1% for Maritime police as their fishing place in the fishing related activity data. And as the survey result about the awareness of "Fishing management and Support Act", 65.2% of general fishermen, 36.0% of maritime police and 70.5% of fishing related agencies answered that they knew the act. It was also surveyed whether they consider its contribution to fishing related industry development and positive result was shown by general fishermen and maritime police with 46.8%, 48.0% respectively whereas fishing-related enterprises showed negative answer with 47.7%. In the survey of fishing related regulation standard, general fishermen, maritime police and fishing related agencies all showed different opinions regarding the regulation standard. It is recommended that regulation standard needs to be set up after detailed review.
Question investigation;Analyzing the related acts;Fishing management;Restricted area
Supported by : 제주대학교
- JSGP (Jeju special self-governing province). 2013a. Current status of maritime affairs and fisheries, Fisheries policy division, 3-4.
- JSGP (Jeju special self-governing province). 2013b. Research report of setting a restricted area and fishing management of Jeju selfgoverning province. Fisheries policy division, 4-30.
- KMI. 2005. A study on income increase of fishery households and economy revitalization of fishing villages through leports-fishing development, KMI. 17-18.
- KMI. 2011. Measures for added-value creation of the Korean recreational fishing industry, Chri communication, Seoul, Korea, 219-228.
- Kim SJ. 2010. Suggested points and legislation promoting trends of The act of recreational fishing management and development, Fish pol res 5, KMI, Youngjin Publishing Co, Seoul, Korea, 57-76.
- Lee K. 2012. 'The act on recreational fishing management and development' and fishing license system. J Sport Entertain Law 15(4), 161-186.
- Studies on the setting a fishing restricted area of Jeju special self–governing province vol.51, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.3.441
- A Study on Support and Measures for Development of Fishing Industry in Jeju Special Self-Governing Province vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.06.30.3.991