- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Opening efficiency and selectivity of Double-level type and Grid type in the shrimp beam trawl net
상하식과 그리드식 새우조망 어구의 전개성능과 선택성
- Jang, Choong-Sik (Institute of Marine Industry, Department of Marine Production Technology, Graduate School, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Cho, Youn-Hyoung (Institute of Marine Industry, Department of Marine Production Technology, Graduate School, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- An, Young-Su (Institute of Marine Industry, Department of Marine Production Technology, Graduate School, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2014.08.04
- Accepted : 2014.08.22
- Published : 2014.08.31
The experiments were carried out to decide the selective fishing gear of the shrimp beam trawl fishery. The model nets were made of General type, Double-level type and Grid type. The model experiments were carried out to test opening efficiency and towing tension. The experimental tanks were the flume tank [
Catching efficiency;General type;Double-level type;Grid type;vertical opening
- Broadhurst MK. and Kennelly SJ. 1994. Reducing the bycatch of juvenile fish (mulloway) in the Hawkesbury River prawn-trawl fishery using square-mesh panels in codends. Fish. Res. 19, 321-331 https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(94)90047-7
- Broadhurst MK, Millar RB., Kennelly SJ, Macbeth WG, Young DJ and Gray CA. 2004. Selectivity of conventional diamond and nove square-mesh codends in an Australian estuarine penaeidtrawl fishery. Fish. Res. 67, 183-194 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2003.09.043
- Day G and S Eayars. 2001. NPF operators make gains in bycatch reduction but problems remain! Professional Fisherman. Vol. 23. No.4. February, 18-19.
- Eayrs S, N Rawlinson and D Brewer. 1997. Reducing bycatch in Australia's Northern Prawn Fishery. Asia-Pacific Fishing 97, Conference papers. Baird Publications, pp. 97-105.
- Fonseca P, Campos A, Larsen PB, Borges TC and Erzini K. 2005. Using a modified Nordmore grid for by-catch reduction in the Portuguese crustacean-trawl fishery. Fish. Res. 71, 223-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2004.08.018
- Garry D and E Steve. 2000. TED and BRD research in Australian prawn trawl fisheries. Australian Maritime College, pp 26-28.
- Jang CS, 1996. A Study on the opening efficiency and the operational character of midwater pair trawl. National Fisheries University of Pusan, Korea. pp. 1-122.
- Jang CS, Cho YH, Lim CR, Kim BY and An YS. 2009. An analysis on catch of the shrimp beam trawl fishery in Korea coastal sea. J Kor Fish Soc Tech 45 (1), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.45.1.001
- Kim DA. 1995a. Flow resistance and modeling rule of fishing net, 1. Analysis of flow resistance and its examination by data on plane nettings. J. Kor Fish Soc 28 (2), 183-193.
- Kim DA. 1995b. Flow resistance and modeling rule of fishing net, 2. Flow resistance of bag nets. J. Kor Fish Soc. 28 (2), 194-201.
- Kim DA. 1997a. Flow resistance and modeling rule of fishing net, 3. Establishment of modeling rule and its theoretical examination. J. Kor Fish Soc 30 (4), 543-549.
- Kim DA. 1997b. Flow resistance and modeling rule of fishing net, 4. Flow resistance of trawl nets. J. Kor Fish Soc 30 (5), 691-699.
- Kim DA. 1997c. Flow resistance and modeling rule of fishing net, 5. Total resistance of bottom trawl nets subjected simultaneously to the water flow and the bottom friction. J. Kor Fish Soc 30 (5), 700-707.
- Ko KS and Kim YH. 1979. Model experiment of stow net. Bull. Kor Fish Soc 12 (4), 201-207.
- Song JH, Lee KR and Kang GT. 1981. Studies on the improvement of stow net fishing gear and its method. Bull. Gunsan Fish. coll. 15 (1), 23-30.
- Youm MG. 1984. Efficiency of trawl net by the model experiment. Bull. Kor Fish. Soc. 17 (1), 9-14.
- A selective effect of grid and window net in the shrimp beam trawl fishery vol.51, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.3.375