- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fishing efficiency of high capacity (360W) LED fishing lamp for squid Todarodes pacificus
대용량 (360W급) LED 집어등의 오징어 어획성능
- An, Young-Il (Dept. of marine police and Technology, Gangwon Provincial College)
- 안영일 (강원도립대학 해양경찰과)
- Received : 2014.07.22
- Accepted : 2014.08.12
- Published : 2014.08.31
This study was conducted to investigate the fishing efficiency of an improved LED fishing lamp for squids. A total of 31 fishing operations were carried out with six-crew commercial fishing vessel Haengbok-Ho (24 tons) on which 43.2kW LED was installed, along with 14 automatic jigging machines, from October 6 to November 16, 2012. The 19 fishing vessels with Haengbok-Ho were compared with a control subject was 24 tons or 29 tons. A total illuminating power of metal halide (MH) fishing lamps in the control fishing vessel was either 84kW or 120kW. The number of automatic jigging machines in the control vessels was 8-18 and the number of crews engaged for fishing operation was 3-13. Average fuel consumption of LED fishing vessels during fishing operation was 505.1l which led to an average fuel consumption of 42.7l per hour. LED fishing vessel and MH fishing vessel caught on an average 1,946 squids and 2,439 squids, respectively, during the study period. Crews (hand line and hand reel) caught about 2.2 times the automatic jigging machines for LED fishing vessel and about 2.1 times for MH fishing vessel. Meanwhile, catches by the fishing vessels with LED in the combined total number per one line of automatic jigging machine and per crew were 86.6% of that of the control fishing vessel with MH. Also, fishing vessels with LED per automatic jigging machine achieved 71.8% of catches of that with MH fishing lamp. The catches of squids per the fishing vessel with 1W LED fishing lamp were higher by more than 135.5% of that in the fishing vessel with MH, which showed a good fishing performance even with only the use of a LED fishing lamp.
Fishing efficiency;360W LED fishing lamp;Squid;MH fishing lamps;Fuel consumption
Supported by : 지시경제부
- An YI, Jeong HG and Jung BM. 2009. Behaviroal reaction of common squid Todarodes pacificus to different colors of LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 45, 135-143. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.135
- An YI and Jang UJ. 2011. Analysis of management situation for squid jigging fisheries. Journal of Gangwon Provincial college 14, 1-11.
- An YI and Jeong HG. 2011. Catching efficiency of LED fishing lamp and behavioral reaction of common squid Todarodes pacificus to the shadow section of color LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 47, 183-193. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.3.183
- An YI and Jeong HG. 2012. Fishing efficiency of LED fishing lamp for squid Todarodes pacificus by training ship. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 48, 187-194. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.3.187
- An YI and Jang UJ. 2013. Development of the silver-white decoy for squid automatic jigging machine and fishing performance. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 49, 208-217. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.208
- An YI. 2013. Fishing efficiency of LED fishing lamp for squid jigging vessels. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 49, 385-394. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.385
- Bae BS, Jeong EC, Park HH, Chang DS and Yang YS. 2008. Behaviroal characteristic of Japanese flying squid Todarodes pacificus to LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 44, 294-303. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294
- Bae BS, An HC, Kwon KJ, Park SW, Park CD and Lee KH. 2011. Design and performance estimation of fish-luring system using the water cooling typed LED lamp. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 47, 79-87. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.079
- Choi SJ. 2007. Rationalization of the light power output on small-size squid jigging boat. Ph.D. Thesis, Tokyo Univ of Fisheries, Japan, p. 92-110.
- Inada H and Arimoto T. 2007. Trends on reseach and development of fishing light in Japan. J Illum Engng Inst Jpn 91 (4), 199-209.
- Jung BM, Choi WG, Lim JG and An YI. 2013. Development of the Optimal LED Fishing Lamp System. Research report, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 70-77.
- Ministry of the Environment 2002. Absorption source countermeasures of green for prevention of global warming, Japan.
- Shikata T. 2010. Light fishing: re-innovation of technology and management. Inada H, Arimoto T, Nagashima N and Iida K, ed. Kouseisha-kouseikaku, Tokyo, Japan, 121-133.
- Tyedmers P. 2004. Fisheries and energy use. Encyclopedia of Energy. Cleveland C, ed. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2, 683-693.
- Tyedmers PH, Watson R and Pauly D. 2005. Fueling global fishing fleets. Ambio 34 (8), 635-638.
- Yamashita Y, Matsushita Y and Azuno T. 2012. Catch performance of coastal squid jigging boats using LED panels in combination with metal halide lamps. Fisheries research 113, 182-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2011.10.011
- The economic feasibility of light-emitting diode (LED) lights for the Korean offshore squid-jigging fishery vol.116, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2015.08.012
- Behavioral reaction of hairtail (Trichinus lepturus) to different colors of LED light vol.52, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.3.183
- Catch performance and fuel consumption of LED fishing lamps in the Korea hairtail angling fishery vol.83, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-017-1072-6
- A photovoltaic-battery-LED lamp raft design for purse seine fishery: Application in a large Mediterranean lake vol.177, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2016.01.003
- Fuel Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Offshore Fisheries of the Republic of Korea vol.10, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0133778