- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparison of fishing gears and catches by areas in the Gape net with wings in Jeonnam, Korea
전남지역 낭장망의 어구 및 어획물 비교
- Cho, Sam-Kwang (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Song, Dae-Ho (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Yoo, Joon-Taek (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, SSFRI) ;
- Choi, Mun-Seong (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, SSFRI) ;
- Cha, Bong-Jin (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- 조삼광 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 송대호 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 유준택 (국립수산과학원 남서해수산연구소) ;
- 최문성 (국립수산과학원 남서해수산연구소) ;
- 차봉진 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과)
- Received : 2014.07.14
- Accepted : 2014.08.15
- Published : 2014.08.31
This study was carried out to compare the regional fishing gears and catches of the gape net with wings used in Jeonnam, Korea. The total length of the gear used in Yeosu, Wando and Jindo was 107.0m, 64.0m, 52.8m, and the size of codend was 4.3mm. 7.8mm. 9.8mm, respectively. The total number of bycatch species from anchovy (Engraulis japonicus) catches in Yeosu, Wando, and Jindo during the survey period were 21, 13, and 13 species. A total of individuals of anchovy accounted for over 90% out of total catches in all survey areas. The proportion of anchovy individuals was constantly high up to October in Yeosu, but it showed a sharp reduction to 18% in October in Wando with the increase of the individuals of Kammal thryssa (Thryssa kammalensis) and Big eyed herring (Sardinella zunasi). In Jindo, individuals of anchovy occupied over 99.8% out of total catches up to August. Since August, the number of individuals of Big eyed herring (Sardinella zunasi), Kammal thryssa (Thryssa kammalensis), and Slimy (Leiognathus nuchalis) has increased while the number of anchovy individuals were decreased.
Catches;Gape net with wings;Regional fishing gears;Engraulis japonicus
Grant : 낭장망 어업 수산자원의 효율적 이용
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Kim JK, Choi OI, Chang DS and Kim JI. 2002. Fluctuation of Bagnet Catches off Wando and the Effect of Sea Water Temperature. J Kor Fish Soc 35, 497-503.
- Kim SH, Park CD and Park SW. 2012. A study on a Bycatch of the Gape net in Jindo Area of Jeollanam-do. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 24, 137-145.
- KOSTAT. 2012. Fisheries Production Survey, Statistics Korea. retrieved from http://kosis.kr
- Han KH and Oh YS. 2007. Species composition and quantitative fluctuation of fishes collected by gape net in the waters of Yeosu, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 43, 261-273. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.261
- Hwang SD. 1998. Diel and Seasonal Variations in Species Composition of Fishery Resources Collected by a Bag Net off Kogunsan-gundo. J Kor Ichthyol 10, 155-163.
- Margalef DR. 1958. Information theory in ecology. General Systems 3, 36-71.
- Shannon CE, Weaver W. 1949. The mathematical theory of communication. University of Illinois Press, Chicago, 125 pp.
- Shin JK, Choi MS, Seo YI, Cha HK, Lee SK, Kim HY and Oh TY. 2013. Study for fishery management on gape net with wings with catch composition in the water of Jin-do. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 49, 404-418. (DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.404) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.404
- Song MY, Sohn MH, Im YJ, Kim JB, Kim HY, Yeon IJ and Hwang HJ. 2008. Seasonal Variation in the Species Composition of Bag-net Catch from the Coastal Waters of Incheon, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 41, 272-281. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.4.272
- Monthly changes in the rate of bycatch fishes and their immature ratio caught by gape net with wings in the coast of Yeosu and Jindo Island, Korea vol.52, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.1.072
- Inter-annual Changes in the Community Structure of Fish Caught by a Both Sides Fyke Net in the Yeosu Coast during the Spring Fishing Period vol.49, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0701
- Gut Composition of Postlarval and Juvenile Anchovy Engraulis japonicus in the Coastal Waters of Yeosu, Korea vol.49, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0642