- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The main factor and counterplan for marine casualties of fishing vessel according to the type of fishing job in Korea
어선의 업종에 따른 해양사고의 특징과 예방 대책
- Park, Byung-Soo (Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kang, Il-Kwon (Div. of Marine Production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Ham, Sang-Jun (Dep. of Fisheries Physics, Graduate school, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Chi-Wan (Dep. of Fisheries Physics, Graduate school, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2014.06.19
- Accepted : 2014.08.14
- Published : 2014.08.31
Marine casualties originated from fishing vessel occupied about 70% of the whole marine casualties in Korea from 2001 to 2010, this ratio was not much changed as it was before. Therefore a pragmatic counterplan to decrease of casualties in fishing vessel is indispensable for reduction of the nationwide marine casualties. But since the casualties occurred by fishing vessel may have a different causes and counterplan according to the operating type of it, in this paper, fishing vessels classified into 12 types by operating method and inspected the causes and counterplan for that. The operating type of fishing vessel occurred the specific casualties more were jig boat in collisions and fire explosion, trap fishing boat, mixed fishing boats and inshore gill netter in collisions, stow netter in machinery damages and capsizing, offshore gill netter in machinery damages, fish carrier in collisions. It must be emphasized that the higher ranked types of vessels, especially jig boat have to take special care to the approaching vessels under way, trap fishing boat to rear look out and mixed fishing boat must keep on safety speed and be taken an education for advance the skill of operating radar as well. For all 12 types of fishing vessel, it is necessary for an operator to make strict precaution on the other vessel under way systematically and keep the regulation for preventing collisions, and for an engineer on watch to make a check the electricity and the engines periodically for reduction the fire explosion and machinery damages.
Marine Casualties;Operating type;Jig boat;Trap fishing boat;Mixed fishing boat;Collisions;Fire explosion;Machinery Damages;Counterplan
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Kang IK, Kim HS, Kim JC, Park BS, Ham SJ and OH IH. 2013. Study on the marine casualties in Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 49 (1), 31. (DOI : http:// dx.doi.org/10.3796/ KSFT. 2013.49.1.029) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.1.029
- Chang IS. 2009. A study on the effective safety management measures for the prevention of marine accidents. J Kor SocMar Environ Safe 15 (1), 33-39.
- Kang CG and Koh CD. 1995. Analysis and counter measures for the casualty of ship at sea. J Soc Mar Safe 1 (1), 57-61.
- Kang IK, Kim HS, Shin HI, Lee YW, Kim JC and Kim HJ. 2007. Safety countermeasures for the marine casualties of fishing vessels in Korea, J Kor Soc Fish Technol 43 (2), 150-151. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.2.149
- Korean Maritime Safety Tribunal (KMST), 2001-2010. Investigation report of Maritime Safety Judgement.
- KoreanMaritime Safety Tribunal (KMST), 2006. Statistics and statistics of marine accident causes, 649-650, 697, 701.
- KoreanMaritime Safety Tribunal (KMST), 2007. Legal position of jig boat on the navigation rule. report of working group on the committee of written verdict annotation. vol.2, 11-16.
- KoreanMaritime Safety Tribunal (KMST), 2011. Statistics and statistics of marine accident causes, 805-816.
- KOSWEC (Korea Seafare'sWelfare & Employment Center), 2011. Korean seafarers statistical year book, seafarers state. 116-117.
- Lee, 2003. Research on the pragmatic countermeasure to prevent marine accidents of small fishing vessels. Research Report of Korea sea grant program, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. 62, 94.
- MIFAFF (Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries), 2011. Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Statistical Yearbook, 293.
- Park BS and Kang IK. 1995. The primary factors of marine casualties and the counterplan for promotion of marine safety. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 7 (2), 173.
- The main factor and counterplan for marine casualties of fishing vessel according to the type of fishing gear in Korea vol.52, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.3.232
- A Study on the Safe Route through the Analysis of the Density of the Gill Netters in the West Sea vol.22, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.5.389
- An analysis on marine casualties of fishing vessel by FTA method vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.430
- Reduction plan of marine casualty for small fishing vessels vol.54, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.2.173