- Volume 15 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Concordance in Cervical HPV Detection between Hybrid Capture 2 and HPV GenoArray Tests
- Zhang, Li (Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Sichuan University) ;
- Lin, Yong (Laboratory of Molecular and Translational Medicine, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University) ;
- Li, Jin-ke (Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Sichuan University)
- Published : 2014.06.15
HPV type-specific detection may promote cervical screening program and vaccination development worldwide. We conduct a study comparing HPV Hybrid capture II (HC II) Test and Hybribio GenoArray test, a newly developed HPV type-specific assay, in patients with cervical epithelial neoplasm. Results showed a good concordance in cervical HPV detection between two tests (kappa value 0.80, p<0.05, McNemar test). Our study may promote utilization of type-specific HPV detection that is helpful for cervical cancer screening and vaccination.
- Grisaru D, Avidor B, Niv J, et al (2008). Pilot study of prevalence of high-risk human papillomavirus genotypes in Israeli Jewish women referred for colposcopic examination. J Clin Microbiol, 46, 1602-5. https://doi.org/10.1128/JCM.02483-07
- Hubbard RA (2003). Human papillomavirus testing methods. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 127, 940-5.
- Wang JL, Yang YZ, Dong WW, et al (2013). Application of human papillomavirus in screening for cervical cancer and precancerous lesions. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2979-82. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.5.2979
- Junyangdikul P, Tanchotsrinon W, Chansaenroj J, et al (2013). Clinical prediction based on HPV DNA testing by hybrid capture 2 (HC2) in combination with liquid-based cytology (LBC). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 903-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.2.903
- Li J, Kang LN, Qiao YL (2011). Review of the cervical cancer disease burden in mainland China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 1149-53.
- Liu SS, Leung RC, Chan KK, et al (2010). Evaluation of a newly developed GenoArray human papillomavirus (HPV) genotyping assay and comparison with the Roche Linear Array HPV genotyping assay. J Clin Microbiol, 48, 758-64. https://doi.org/10.1128/JCM.00989-09
- Acceptability of Self-Sampling HPV Testing Among Thai Women for Cervical Cancer Screening vol.15, pp.17, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.17.7437