- Volume 23 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
수동형 전자발신장치(Passive Integrated Transponder, PIT) 모니터링 기법 적용에 따른 어종별 생존율 평가 및 어도에서 어류이동성 평가
The Evaluations of Fish Survival Rate and Fish Movements using the Tagging Monitoring Approach of Passive Integrated Transponders (PIT)
- Choi, Ji-Woong (Department of Biological Sciences, College of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University) ;
- An, Kwang-Guk (Department of Biological Sciences, College of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University)
- 투고 : 2014.03.20
- 심사 : 2014.08.18
- 발행 : 2014.08.29
The objective of this study was to evaluate survival rate and fish movement (migration) using a tagging approach of passive integrated transponder (PIT) in Juksan Weir, which was constructed as a four major river restoration projects. For this study, survival rates of each fish species and the mobility of fish individuals were analyzed during 2 weeks by the insertion of PIT tags to various fish species in the laboratory. According to tagging tests in the laboratory, the survival rate 37.5% (30 survivals of 80 individuals) after the insertion of PIT tags. The survival rate of Carassius auratus and Hemibarbus labeo was 100% and 80% after the insertion of the tags, respectively, whereas it was only 13.3% for Zacco platypus. In the field experiments of Juksan Weir, 6 species and 157 individuals from 8 species (563 individuals) were detected in the fixed automatic data-logging system, indicating a detection rate of 27.9% in the fishway of Juksan Weir. In the meantime, some species with no or low detection rates in the fixed automatic data-logging system were turn out to be stagnant-type species, which prefer stagnant or standing water to live.
연구 과제번호 : 어도의 효율성 평가 및 개선방안
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 영산강·섬진강 수계관리위원회
- Acolas, M. L., Roussel, J. M., Lebel, J. M., Bagliniere, J. L. 2007. Laboratory experiment on survival, growth and tag retention following PIT injection into the body cavity of juvenile brown trout (Salmo trutta). Fish. Res., 86(2), 280-284. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.05.011
- Allan, J. D., Flecker, A. S., 1993, Biodiversity conservation in running waters, Bioscience, 43, 32-43. https://doi.org/10.2307/1312104
- Bain, M. B., Finn, J. T., 1988, Streamflow regulation and fish community structure. Ecology, 69, 382-392. https://doi.org/10.2307/1940436
- Choi, J. W., An, K. G., 2008, Characteristics of fish compositions and longitudinal distribution in Yeongsan River watershed, Korean J. Limnol., 41(3), 301-310.
- Barry, T., Kynard B., 1986, Attraction of adult American shad to fish lifts at Holyoke Dam, Connecticut River, N. Am. J. Fish. Manage., 6, 233-241. https://doi.org/10.1577/1548-8659(1986)6<233:AOAAST>2.0.CO;2
- Bubb, D. H., Lucas, M. C., Thom, T. J., Rycroft, P., 2002, The potential use of PIT telemetry for identifying and tracking crayfish in their natural environment, Hydrobiologia, 483, 225-230. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021352217332
- Bunt, C. M., Castro-Santos, T., Haro, A., 2011, Performance of fish passage structures at upstream barriers to migration, River Res. Appl., 28(4), 457-478.
- Clay, C. H., 1995, Design of fishway and other fish facilities, Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton.
- Cloern, J. E., 1987, Turbidity as a control on phytoplankton biomass and productivity in estuaries, Cont. Shelf Res., 7, 1367-1381. https://doi.org/10.1016/0278-4343(87)90042-2
- Gray, A., 1992, The ecological impact of estuarine barrages, British Ecological Society/Field Studies Council, Shrewsbury.
- Hanson, M. A., Butler, M. G., 1994, Responses of plankton, turbidity, and macrophytes to biomanipulation in a shallow prairie lake, Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 51, 1180-1188. https://doi.org/10.1139/f94-117
- Jang M. H., Yoon, J. D., Do, Y. N., Joo, G. J., 2007, Survival Rate on the Small Cyprinidae by PIT Tagging Application, Korean J. Ichthyol., 19(4), 371-377.
- Joy, M. K., Death, R. G., 2001, Control of freshwater fish and crayfish community structure in Taranaki, New Zealand: dams, diadromy or habitat structure?, Freshwater Biolo., 46, 417-429. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2427.2001.00681.x
- Mantel, S. K., Muller, N. W. J., Hughes, D. A., 2010, Ecological impacts of small dams on South African rivers Part 2: Biotic response-abundance and composition of macroinvertebrate communities, Water SA, 36(3), 361-370.
- Kenward, R. E., 2001, A manual for wildlife radio tagging, 2nd ed., Academic Press, London, UK.
- Kim, I. S., Park, J. Y., 2002, Freshwater fish of Korea, Kyo-Hak Publishing Co., Ltd., Seoul, Korea.
- Lucas, M. C., Baras, E., 2001, Migration of freshwater fishes. Blackwell Science, Oxford.
- Lee, J. H., Lee, H. J., Ra, N. Y., Kim, J. K., Eom, J., Park, D., 2009, Application of PIT tag and radio telemetry research methods for the effective management of reptiles in Korea national parks, Korean J. Environ. Biol., 27(2), 146-154.
- Martinez, P. J., Chart, T. E., Trammell, M. A., Wullschleger, J. G., Bergersen, E. P., 1994, Fish species composition before and after construction of a main stem reservoir on the White River, Colorado, Environ. Biol. Fish, 40, 227-239. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00002509
- MEK(Ministry of Environment, Korea), 2012a, Passage route survey of migratory before and after the construction of weirs and the fishway's effects, National Institute of Environmental Research(NIER), Incheon, Korea.
- MEK(Ministry of Environment, Korea), 2012b, Investigations of migration pattern on migratory and freshwater fish, National Institute of Environmental Research(NIER), Incheon, Korea.
- Morhardt, J. E., Bisher, D., Handlin, C. I., Mulder, S. D., 2000, A portable system for reading large PIT tags from wild trout, N. Am. J. Fish. Manage., 20, 276-283. https://doi.org/10.1577/1548-8675(2000)020<0276:APSFRL>2.0.CO;2
- Roussel, J. M., Haro, A., Cunjak, R. A., 2000, Field-test of a new method for tracking small fishes in shallow rivers using passive integrated transponder (PIT) technology, Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 57, 1326-1329. https://doi.org/10.1139/f00-110
- Mueller, M., Pander, J., Geist, J., 2011, The effects of weirs on structural stream habitat and biological communities, J. Appl. Ecol., 48, 1450-1461. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2664.2011.02035.x
- Nicola, G. G., Elvira, B., Almodovar, A., 1996, Dams and fish passage facilities in the large rivers of Spain: effects on migratory species, Arch. Hydrobiol., 113, 375-379.
- Park, S. T., 2010, The 4-River restoration project from the viewpoint of 21st century river management, 36(1), 72-75. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2010.36.1.072
- Thomas, D. H. L., 1996, Dam construction and ecological change in the riparian forest of the Hadejia-Jama' are floodplain, Nigeria, Land Degrad. Dev., 7, 279-295. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-145X(199612)7:4<279::AID-LDR234>3.0.CO;2-L
- Yoon, J. D., Kim, J. H., Joo, G. J., Seo, J. W., Park, H., Jang, M. H., 2011, Freshwater fish utilization of fishway installed in the Jangheung Dam. Korean J. Limnol., 44(3), 264-271.
- Zydlewski, G. B., Harom, A., Whalen, K. G., McCormick, S. D., 2001, Performance of stationary and portable passive transponder detection systems for monitoring fish movements, J. Fish Biol., 58, 1471-1475. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8649.2001.tb02302.x