- Volume 23 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Heavy Metal Removal of Acrylic Acid-grafted Bacterial Cellulose in Aqueous Solution
아크릴산으로 그라프트된 미생물셀룰로오스의 수용액 내 중금속 흡착거동
- Ahn, Yeong-Hee (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Choi, Yong-Jin (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dong-eui University)
- Received : 2014.02.24
- Accepted : 2014.08.05
- Published : 2014.08.29
Electron beam-induced grafting polymerization was employed to prepare Acrylic acid-grafted bacterial cellulose (BC-g-AAc). BC-g-AAc as an adsorbent was applied to remove heavy metals (e.g., As, Pb, and Cd). This study examined followings; morphological change of surface, adsorptive behavior of BC-g-AAc, and interpretation of adsorptive kinetics. Specific surface areas of BC and BC-g-AAc were
Supported by : 동의대학교
- Brunauer, S., Emmett, P. H., Teller, E., 1938, Adsorption of gases in multi-molecular layers, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 60(2), 309-319. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja01269a023
- Ahn, Y., Ha, M. K., Choi, Y. J., 2013, Adsorptive behavior of acrylic acid-grafted bacterial cellulose to remove cadmium for a membrane-adsorbent hybrid process, Desalination & water treatment, 51(25), 5074-5079. https://doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2013.768369
- Ahn, Y., Park, J. Go, S., Jun, H., 2007, Characterization of bacterial cellulose production by Gluconacetobacter sp. JH232, J. Life Sci., 17(11), 1582-1586. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2007.17.11.1582
- Benaissa, H., Benguella, B., 2004, Effect of anions and cations on cadmium sorption kinetics from aqueous solutions by chitin: experimental studies and modeling, Environ. Pollut., 130, 157-163.
- Gai, X. J., Kim, H. S., 2008, The role of powdered activated carbon in enhancing the performance of membrane systems for water treatment, Desalination, 225, 288-300. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2007.07.009
- Kim, H. S., Katayama, H., Takizawa, S., Ohgaki, S., 2005, Development of a microfilter separation system coupled with a high dose of powdered activated carbon for advanced water treatment, Desalination, 186, 215-226. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2005.06.004
- Kim, K. Y., Kim, H. S., Kim, J., Nam, J. W., Kim, J. M., Son, S., 2009, A hybrid microfiltration granular activated carbon system for water purification and wastewater reclamation/reuse, Desalination, 243, 132-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2008.04.020
- Saravia, F., Frimmel, F. H., 2008, Role of NOM in the performance of adsorption membrane hybrid systems applied for the removal of pharmaceuticals, Desalination, 224, 168-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2007.02.089
- Kurniawan, T. A., Chan, G. Y. S., Lo, W. H., Babel, S., 2006, Physicochemical treatment techniques for wastewater laden with heavy metals, J. Chem. Eng., 118, 83-98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2006.01.015
- Lebeau, T., Lelievre, C., Buisson, H., Cleret, D., Van de Venter, L. W., Cote, P., 1998, Immersed membrane filtration for the production of drinking water: combination with PAC for NOM and SOCs removal, Desalination, 117, 219-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(98)00101-5
- Mozia, S., Tomaszewska, M., 2004, Treatment of surface water using hybrid processes adsorption on PAC and ultrafiltration, Desalination, 162, 23-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(04)00023-2
- Saravia, F., Naab, P., Frimmel, F. H., 2006, Influence of particle size and particle size distribution on membrane-adsorption hybrid systems, Desalination, 200, 446-448. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2006.03.370
- Seo, G. T., Moon, C. D., Chang, S. W., Lee, S. H., 2004, Long term operation of high concentration powdered activated carbon membrane bio-reactor for advanced water treatment, J. Water Supply Res. Technol., 50, 81-87.
- Song, K. Y., Park, P. K., Kim, J. H., Lee, C. H., Lee, S., 2009, Coupling effect of 17[beta]-estradiol and natural organic matter on the performance of a PAC adsorption/membrane filtration hybrid system, Desalination, 237, 392-399. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2008.11.004
- Tian, J. Y., Chen, Z. L., Nan, J., Liang, H., Li, G. B., 2010, Integrative membrane coagulation adsorption bioreactor (MCABR) for enhanced organic matter removal in drinking water treatment, J. Membr. Sci., 352, 205-212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2010.02.018
- Tomaszewska, M., Mozia, S., 2002, Removal of organic matter from water by PAC/UF system, Water Res., 36, 4137-4143. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(02)00122-7
- Freundlich, H. M. F., 1906, Over the adsorption in solution, J. Phys. Chem., 57, 385-470.
- Urus, S., Keles M., Serindag, O., 2010, Synthesis of Silica -Supported Platinum(II) and Nickel(II) Complexes of Bis(Diphenylphosphinomethyl) Amino Ligand: Applications as Catalysts for the Synthesis of 2-Methyl-1,4-Naphthoquinone (Vitamin K3), J. of Inorg. Organomet. Polym., 20, 1152-160.
- Kwon, J., H., 2006, Adsorption and desorption characteristics of VOCs on activated carbon according to pore areas, Busan Natl. Univ., Master thesis.
- Langmuir, I., 1916, The constitution and fundamental properties of solids and liquids, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 38, 2221-2295. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja02268a002