- Volume 5 Issue 2
In this study, the air resistance is studied by using flow analysis near automotive body due to the its shape. Flow velocities of airs entering into inlet plane are two kinds of 70 km/h and 100 km/h. Air resistance in case of high speed driving(100 km/h) becomes higher than regular speed driving(70 km/h) and the resistance in case of the car with wider cross section at front side becomes higher than narrower cross section. By using this analysis result, the shape of automotive body can be effectively designed in order to reduce the air resistance.
Air resistance;Automotive Body;Coefficient of drag;Flow Analysis;Flow velocity
- J. S. Ha, S. Jeong, and S. Obayashi, "Drag Reduction of a Pickup Truck by a Rear Downward Flap", International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 369-374, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-011-0043-7
- J. Song, S. Yoshioka, T. Kato, and Y. Kohama, "Characteristics of Flow Behind a Passenger Vehicle", No. 2006-01-1030SAE Paper, 2006.
- P.R.Spalart,W.H.Jou, M. Strelets and S.R. Allmaras, "Comments on the Feasibility of LES for Wings, and on a Hybrid RANS/LES Approach," 1st AFOSR International Conference on DNS/LES, pp. 137-147, 1997.
- Kim, S. H., Kang, S. W., Kim, M. H., Jang. Y. W., Ha, W. I. and Park, J. S., 2004, "Structural Stress and Fatigue Testing of Edge Details", Proceedings of KWJS Spring conference, pp. 267-269.
- S.O.Kang,S.O. Jun, H.I. Park,Y.C.Ku, J. D.Kee, D.H.Hong, K.H.Kim and D.H.Lee, "Influence of Rotating Wheel and Moving Ground Condition to Aerodynamic Performance of 3-dimensional Automobile Configuration," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 100-107, 2010.
- J.-L. Aider, J.-F. Beaudoin and J. E. Wesfreid, "Drag and Lift Reduction of a 3D Bluffbody Using Active Vortex Generators," Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 48, No. 5, pp .771-789, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-009-0770-y