- Volume 5 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analytical Study on Durability due to the Load of Artificial Knee Joint
무릎인공관절의 하중에 따른 내구성에 관한 해석적 연구
- Cho, Jae-Ung (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University)
- 조재웅 (공주대학교 기계자동차공학부)
- Received : 2014.03.10
- Accepted : 2014.05.27
- Published : 2014.06.30
The artificial joint is consisted with the upper structure of tungsten alloy steel and the lower part of polyethelene are applied with load. When this joint is applied with load in this study, the load distribution at the joint and the stress distribution of support hole to install the joint are investigated by finite element analysis. These results can be utilized at obtaining the basic material to have the experiment for the real thing. The crack is initiated as the load is concentrated at the end of corner on the upper structure. This behavior is in accord with a case of tissue damage due to the breakage of artificial joint reported at medical science.
Artificial knee design;Finite element model;Equivalent stress;Joint
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ali M.Alsamhan, Rational analysis of human artificial knee replacements, Engineering science, pp. 49-54, 2013.
- Paul F. Lachiewicz, Fixation Survival and Osteolysis with a Mordern Oosteror-stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty, The Journal of Arthroplasty, pp. 66-70, 2014.
- Paul F. Lachiewicz, MD, Elizabeth S. Soileau, Fixation, Survival and Osteolysis with a Modern Posterior-Stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty, The Journal of Arthroplasty, pp. 57-60, 2014.
- Sven Herrmann.Christoph Woernle Michael Kaehler.Roman Rachholz.Robert Souffrant. Janos Zierath.Daniel Kluess.Rainer Bader, HiL simulation for testing joint stability after total knee arthroplasty, Multibody Syst Dyn, pp. 55-67, 2012.
- M. M. Davoodi, N. A. Abu Osman, A. A. Oshkour, M. Bayat, Knee Energy Absorption in Full Extension Landing Using Finite Element Analysis, 5th Kuala Lumpur International Conference on Biomedical Engineering 2011 IFMBE Proceedings, Vol. 35, pp. 175-178, 2011.
- M.S.A. Megat Ali, N. Shariffudin, A.H. Jahidin, M.H. Mat Som and A.N. Norali, A Preliminary Study: Finite Element Analysis of an Artificial Knee Implant Design, 2010 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA 2010), pp. 3-5, 2010.