- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The study on the effect of fracture zone and its orientation on the behavior of shield TBM cable tunnel
단층파쇄대 규모 및 조우 조건에 따른 전력구 쉴드 TBM 터널의 거동 특성 분석
- Cho, Won-Sub (Department of Civil Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Song, Ki-Il (Department of Civil Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Yul (Power System Laboratory, KEPCO Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.07.09
- Accepted : 2014.07.25
- Published : 2014.07.31
Recently, the temperature rise in the summer due to climate change, power usage is increasing rapidly. As a result, power generation facilities have been newly completed and the need for ultra-high-voltage transmission line for power transmission of electricity to the urban area has increased. The mechanized tunnelling method using a shield TBM have an advantage that it can minimize vibrations transmitted to the ground and ground subsidence as compared with the conventional tunnelling method. Despite the popularity of shield TBM for cable tunnel construction, study on the mechanical behavior of cable tunnel driven by shield TBM is insufficient. Thus, in this study, the effect of fractured zone ahead of tunnel face on the mechanical behavior of the shield TBM cable tunnel is investigated. In addition, it is intended to compare the behavior characteristics of the fractured zone with continuous model and applying the interface elements. Tunnelling with shield TBM is simulated using 3D FEM. According to the change of the direction and magnitude of the fractured zone, Sectional forces such as axial force, shear force and bending moment are monitored and vertical displacement at the ground surface is measured. Based on the stability analysis with the results obtained from the numerical analysis, it is possible to predict fractured zone ahead of the shield TBM and ensure the stability of the tunnel structure.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Cho, W.S., Song, K.I., Ryu, H.H. (2014), "Analysis on the behavior of shield TBM cable tunnel: The effect of the distance of backfill grout injection from the end of skin plate", Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 213-224. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.2.213
- Drucker, D.C., Prager, W. (1952), "Soil mechanics and plastic analysis or limit design", Quaterly of Applied Mathematics 10, pp. 157-165.
- Kim, H.W., Jeon, S.K., Park, E.S. (2012), "Evaluation of monitoring items for adverse ground conditions in subsea tunneling", TUNN UNDERGR SP TECH, Vol. 32, pp. 19-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2012.05.001
- Kim, J.Y. (2013), "EPB shield TBM tunnel construction -How to set the face pressure value and management for the stability of face-", Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 21-27.
- Lee, I.M. (2013), "Geotechnical engineering principles of the tunnel", CIR, Seoul, pp. 444.
- MIDAS Information Technology Co., Ltd. (2013), MIDAS GTS NX User's manual, Seongnam, pp. 443.
- Ted Belytschko, Michael Pleasha, Dwding, C.H. (1984), "A computer method for stability analysis of caverns in jointed rock", International journal for numerical method in Geomechanics. Vol. 8, pp. 473-492. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.1610080506
- Yoo, J.K. (2012), "Dynamic Behavior of a Tunnel Considering Discontinuities of Rock Mass", Master Thesis, Hanyang University, pp. 55.
- Anomaly Prediction Ahead Tunnel Face Using Tunnel Electrical Resistivity Prospecting System (TEPS) in Danyang vol.191, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.05.253