- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Deformation behavior of tunnels crossing weak zone during excavation - numerical investigation
연약대를 통과하는 터널의 시공중 변위거동 - 수치해석 연구
- Yoo, Chungsik (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Park, Jung-Gyu (R&D Center, POSCO E&C, Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2014.07.03
- Accepted : 2014.07.18
- Published : 2014.07.31
This paper concerns the deformation behavior of tunnels crossing weak zone during excavation. A three dimensional finite element model was adopted in order to conduct a parametric study on the orientation of weaj zone in terms of strike and dip angle relative to the tunnel longitudinal axis. The results of the analyses were then analyzed so that the tunnel displacements in terms of the ratios between the crown settlement and springline displacement can be related to the orientation of the weak zone. The results indicate that the displacement ratios between the tunnel crown and springline tend to quantitatively change when a weak zone exists near or ahead of the tunnel suggesting that the displacement ratios can be effectively used to predict the weak zone during tunnelling. Practical implications of the findings are discussed.
Grant : 대심도 장대터널 시공 리스크 분석 및 대응 시스템 개발
Supported by : (주)포스코건설
- Abaqus users manual, Version 6.12. (2011), Hibitt, Karlsson, and Sorensen, Inc., Pawtucket, Providence, R.I.
- Davis, E.H. (1968), Theories of plasticity and the failure of soil masses. Soil mechanics: Selected topics, Butterworth's London, U.K., pp. 341-380.
- Lee, I.M., Son, Y.J., Park, K.J. (1998), "A 3-Dimensional analysis for assessing change of ground-condition ahead of the tunnel face", Journal of Korean Civil Engineering Society, Vol. 18, No. 3-4, pp. 505-519.
- ITA-CET (2009). Training Course Material - Tunnelling in Hot Climate Country, Monitoring of Tunnels, Riyadh.
- ITA Working Group No.2 Report (2011), Monitoring and Control in Tunnel Construction, 23p.
- ITA Working Group No.17 Report (2010), Long Tunnels at Great Depth, pp. 31.
- Jeon, J.S., Martin, C.D., Chan, D.H., Kim, J.S. (2005), "Predicting ground conditions ahead of tune tunnel face by vector orientation analysis", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 20., pp. 344-355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.01.002
- Kim, K.S., Kim, Y.S., Yoo, K.H., Park, Y.J., Lee, D.H. (2003), "Prediction of change in ground condition ahead of tunnel face using three-dimensional convergence analysis", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 476-485.
- Kim, K.Y. (2007), "Measurement and analysis of 3-D absolute displacement for prediction of fault zone ahead of tunnel face", Ph.D. Thesis, Seoul National University, p. 292.
- Kim, Y.S. (2004), "The prediction of ground condition change ahead of the tunnel face uisng 3-Dimensional convergence analysis", Masters Thesis, University of Suwon. p. 63.
- Kun, M., Onargan, T. (2013), "Influence of the fault zone in shallow tunneling: a case study of izmir metro tunnel", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 34-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2012.06.016
- Ribeiro e Sousa, L. (2004), "Learning with accident and damage associated to underground works", Geotechnical Risk in Rock Tunnels, Campos e Matos, A., Ribeiro e Sousa, L, Kleberger, J., and Lopes Pinto, P. (Editors), Talyor & Francis.
- Schubert, W., Budil, A. (1995), "The importance of longitudinal deformation in tunnel excavation", Proceedings of the 8th ISRM Congress on Rock Mechanics, Tokyo, A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, pp. 1411-1444.
- Schubert, W., Steindorfer, A., Button, E.A. (2002), "Displacement in tunnels - an overview, FELSBAU, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 7-15.
- Schubert, P., Vavrovsky, G.M. (1994), "Interpretation of monitoring results", World Tunnelling, pp. 351-356.
- Steindorfer, A. (1998), "Short term prediction of rock mass behaviour in tunnelling by advanced analysi of displacement monitoring data. Ph.D thesis", Department of Civil Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
- Steindorfer, A., Schubert, W. (1997), "Application of new methods of monitoring data analysis for short term prediction on tunnelling", Proceedings of the International Symposium on Tunnels for People, Vienna, A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, pp. 65-79.
- Yoo, C., Cho, Y.G., Park, J.G. (2013), "Effect of Orientation of Facture Zone on Tunnel Behavior - Numerical Investigation", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 253-270. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.3.253
- Effect of spatial characteristics of a weak zone on tunnel deformation behavior vol.11, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2016.11.1.041
- Analysis on the tunnel behavior characteristic in the excessive fractured zone distribution of rock area vol.18, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.4.341