- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Prediction of fault zone ahead of tunnel face using x-Rs control chart analysis for crown settlement
천단변위의 x-Rs 관리도 분석을 이용한 터널 막장 전방 단층대 예측
- Yun, Hyun-Seok (Chungbuk National University, Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences) ;
- Seo, Yong-Seok (Chungbuk National University, Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences) ;
- Kim, Kwang-Yeom (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology)
- Received : 2014.06.30
- Accepted : 2014.07.16
- Published : 2014.07.31
A measurement of tunnel displacement plays an important role for stability analysis and prediction of possible fault zone ahead of tunnel face. In this study, we evaluated characteristics of tunnel behaviour due to the existence and orientation of fault zone based on 3-dimensional finite element numerical analysis. The crown settlement representing tunnel behaviour is acquired at 5 m away from tunnel face in combination with x-Rs control chart analysis based on statistics for trend line and L/C (longitudinal/crown displacement) ratio in order to propose risk management method for fault zone. As a result, x-Rs control chart analysis can enable to predict fault zone in terms of existence and orientation in tunnelling.
Grant : 터널시공 중 디지털 맵핑을 통한 온라인 암판정 기술 및 운영모델 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Dalgic, S. (2003), "Tunneling in fault zones, tuzla tunnel, turkey", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 453-465. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0886-7798(03)00045-2
- Kim, C.Y., Hong, S.W., Kim, K.Y., Baek, S.H. (2004), "A study on interpretations of tunnel convergence function parameters", Tunnelling Technology, Korean Tunnelling Association, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 183-197.
- Kim, K.Y., Yim, S.B., Kim, J.K., Seo, Y.S., Kim, J.W. (2010), "Predicition of a fault zone ahead of a tunnel face based on the orientation of displacement vectors", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 371-380.
- Lee, C.K. (2014), "Correlation analysis of rock properties and hazard distribution using 3D FEM FEM strike-slip fault model", Master's thesis of Chungbuk National University, pp. 17-19.
- Lee, C.S., Lee, H.M. (2009), "Hydrothermal alteration and engineering characteristics in the bokan tunnel area passing through the YangSan fault", Jour. Geol. Soc. Korea, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 13-22.
- Lee, I.M., Kang, G.D., Park, K.J. (1998), "Prediction of ground-condition ahead of the tunnel face by using 3-dimensional absolute displacements", The Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 17-31.
- Panet, M., Guenot, A. (1982), "Analysis of convergence behind the face of a tunnel, Tunnelling 1982", The Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, pp. 197-204.
- Park, Y.J., You, K.H., Song, H.S., Kim, K.S., Lee, D.H. (2004), "The prediction of ground condition ahead of the tunnel face using 3-dimensional numerical analysis", Tunnel & Underground Space, Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 440-449.
- Schubert, W., Steindorfer, A. (1996), "Selective displacement monitoring during tunnel excavation", Felsbau, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 93-98.
- Schubert, W., Vavrovsky, G.M. (1994), "Interpretation of monitoring results", World Tunnelling and subsurface excavation, Vol. 7, No. 8, pp. 351-356.
- Shewhart, W.A. (1924), "Some applications of statistical methods to the analysis of physical and engineering data", Bell System Technical jounal, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 43-87 https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1924.tb01347.x
- Steindorfer, A. (1998), "Short term prediction of rock mass behaviour in tunnelling by advanced analysis of displacement monitoring data", Doctoral Thesis at Institute for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling, Techn. Univ. Graz, Austria.
- Sulem, J., Panet, M., Guenet, A. (1987), "An analytical solution for time-dependent displacement in a circular tunnel", Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. & Geomech. Abstr, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 155-164.
- Yim, S.B., Jeong, H.G., Seo, Y.S. (2009), "Assessment of tunnel displacement with weak zone orientation using 3-D numerical analysis", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 43-50.
- Yim, S.B., Seo, Y.S. (2009), "A new method for the analysis of measured displacements during tunnelling using control charts", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 261-268.
- Application of x-MR control chart on monitoring displacement for prediction of abnormal ground behaviour in tunnelling vol.16, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.5.445
- Developments of real-time monitoring system to measure displacements on face of tunnel in weak rock vol.17, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.4.441
- Prediction of Fault Zone ahead of Tunnel Face Using Longitudinal Displacement Measured on Tunnel Face vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2016.2.187