- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Selection of concrete lining corrosion protection method for large sewer tunnels
하수터널의 콘크리트 라이닝 부식 방지공법 선정방법에 관한 고찰
- Moon, Joon-Shik (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Sungjune (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Cheongju University)
- Received : 2014.05.22
- Accepted : 2014.06.27
- Published : 2014.07.31
Recently construction of large sewer tunnels used also as underground sluiceways/storages is increasing in order to prevent urban inundation, untreated sewage flow into rivers from combined sewer overflows and consequential river pollution due to climate change. Most of these large sewer tunnels are constructed with concrete and the concrete lining should be protected from corrosion caused by hydrogen sulfide(
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Tuxworth, J., Bosco, D., Terry, A. (2007), "Specification and quality assured installation of HDPE corrosion protection liners", Pipes Wagga Wagga, pp. 1-33
- Uhren, D.J., Gilbert, G.W. (2001), "Matrix evaluation to resolve corrosion risks for a sewer tunnel in difficult glacial soils", 2001 RETC Preceedings, pp. 299-308.
- Chapman, D.R., Frank, G. (2005), "Design considerations for corrosion protection in large diameter sewer tunnel construction", North American Society for Trenchless Technology NO-DIG 2005, paper A-3-02, pp. 1-13.
- Redner, J.A., His, R.P., Esfandi, E.J., Sydney, R., Jones, R.M., Won, D., Andraska, J. (2004), "Evaluation of protective coatings for concrete", County Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County, Whittier, California.
- Nixon, R. (2006), "Odor and corrosion problems: two related issues requiring distinctly separate control strategies", The NEWEA Journal, pp. 23-27.
- CPI (2008), Technical Memorandum on Recommended Path Forward for OOO Lined Portion of the OOO Tunnel, p. 20.
- Geotechnical investigation on causes and mitigation of ground subsidence during underground structure construction vol.18, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.2.143