- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Married Female Immigrants' Consciousness of Later Life and Social-Leisure Activities on Their Preparation Perception for Their Later Life in Choongchungnam-Do
결혼이주여성 노후생활인식과 사회활동 및 여가활동이 노후준비의식에 미치는 영향 -충청남도를 중심으로-
- Moon, Mi (Dept. of Social Work For the Elderly, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Song, Sun-Hee (Dept. of Liberal Arts, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2014.04.07
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
This study aimed to explore the effects of married female immigrants' consciousness of later life and social and leisure activities on their preparation perception for their later life. We used data from 355 married female immigrants, residing in or nearby, Choongchungnam-do, Korea in 2013. Regressional analysis and SPSS 18.0 were conducted to prove the hypotheses. Consistent with previous studies, the findings of this study indicate that having more activities on leisure and social life and more planning on later life constitute critical factors for higher emotional, physical, and economical preparation perception for later life. Here we discussed strategies in planning social welfare policy for married female immigrants by providing basic information.
married female immigrant;consciousness of later life;social activities;leisure activities;preparation perception for later life
- Bureau of Statistics, 2011 marriage statistics, 2011.
- Young-Ran Kim, Multicultural society, korea : culture diversity and mutua lifel, pp. 11, 2013.
- Mu-Young Lee, Soo-Sun Park, State of employment of multicultural program, pp. 30, 2013.
- Soo-hyun Kim, City of Life Satisfaction and Related Factors in Elderly Study, Sleep Women's University Graduate School Master's Thesis, 1987.
- In-Sun Yu, Effects of the personality Traits, society Activity Leisure Activity of Baby Boomers on the preparation perception for the Old Age Ph.D. thesis, School of venture Hoseo, 2011.
- Hui-Ran Son, A Study on Married Female lmmigrants' Life Style and Marriage Satisfacton on the Perception of Preparing Thei Old Age, Ph.D thesis, School of venture Hoseo, 2011.
- H. S. Park, Research on Relationship between the Preparation for the Old age of the Baby Boomer Generation and their Successful Aging, Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 58, pp. 281-302, 2012.
- G. M. Nam, H. J. Bak, The old man's participation in religious activities and social impact on life satisfaction - the mediating effect of depression and anxiety around the death - the elderly study, 49, pp. 405-427, 2010.
- Rowe, J. W. & Kahn, Successful Aging, NY: Dell Publishing. a Division of Random House, R. H., 1998.
- Jung-Don Gwon, Theory of well-being of the elderly, Seoul; hakjisa, 2010.
- Bowling. A, Enhancing later life: How older people perceive active ageing? Ageing and Mental Health, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 293-301, 2010.
- Sung-Jae Choi, In-Heup Chang, Social Welfare for Older Persons in Aning Society Seoul National University Press 2012.
- Sun-Hee Song, Myeong-Suk Choi, Sang-Mae Lee, Kyeong-Ju Seo, Hwa-Shik Lee, Mi Moon, Sang-hoon Choi, Chan-Yeol Yu, Ming-Koung Chu, Seung-Suk Kwon, Hyeong-Nam Moon, Euy-Jeong Jeong, Kyoung-Poon Ha, Suk-Hee Choi, Senior Education. Shin Jeong. 2011.
- Sun-Hee Song, Seung-Suk Kwon, Sang-Mae Lee, Kyoung-Poon Ha, Ju-Yeong Jin, Sin-Seop Jong, Seong-Ok Gang, Mieong-Hwa Lee, Shin-Kee Kang, Yoon-Hee Kim, Ming-Koung Chu, Kyeong-Jo Seo, Seung-Hwan Choi, Suk-Ja Oh, An-Na Lee, Elderly Psychology. Shin Jeong. 2013.
- San-Gsik Shin, The Effects of Elderly Leisure Activities and social capital on life satisfaction, Ph. D. thesis, School of venture Hoseo. 2010.
- S, D. Jeong, H, H. Yi, Relationship between Family Characteristics and Preparation for Later Life: A Comparison of Babyboomers and the Pre-elderly, Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 58, pp. 209-232, 2012.
- I. S. Kwak, The Effect of the Mutually Supportive Relationship with their Children on the Successful Lives of the Elderly, Korea Journal of Family Resource Management, Vol. 15, No. 4, 107-127, 2011.
- Seong-Ok Gang, The Impacts of the middle aged's Perception of Successful Aging and Attitudes toward Older Persons on Preparation for Old Age, Ph.D. thesis, School of Venture Hoseo, 2013.
- Weiss, R, S, The Provisions of social Relationship, Kubin, Z, Doing into other Prentice-Hall Englewood, N, J, 1974.
- Effect of Activity Immersion Conflict Perceived by Rural Multicultural Couple on Their Self-esteem, and Happiness : Focusing on Analysis of Actor and Partner Effect Using APIM vol.27, pp.S, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2016.27.S.557