- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Related Factors Affecting Turnover Intention in Hospital Employees
병원종사자의 이직의도에 영향을 미치는 관련요인
- Han, Ji-Young (Nursing Dept. of Haeundae Paik Hospital, Inje University) ;
- Yang, Jong-Hyun (Dept. of Medical Information & Administration, Jungwon University) ;
- Chang, Dong-Min (Dept. of Health Policy & Management, Inje University)
- Received : 2014.05.02
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
The purpose of this study was to analyze major factors of turnover intention among job stress, job satisfaction and organizational commitment in hospitals. The data were collected from 2 university hospitals and 2 general hospitals workers in Busan and Gyeongnam area from July. 3 to July. 19, 2013. The main results were summarized as follows. Job stress was a direct impact on job satisfaction, organizational commitment and an indirect impact via job satisfaction. It was a direct impact on employees turnover intention and an indirect impact via job satisfaction, organizational commitment. Job satisfaction was a direct impact on organizational commitment and an indirect impact on employees turnover intention via organizational commitment. Organizational commitment was a direct impact on employees turnover intention. Finally, in order to decrease turnover intention, controling job stress is important. Hospital staffs should develope programs for hospital employees to reduce job stress and enhance their ability.
- YJ, Song. A Study on the Effect of Empowerment on Organizational Commitment: The Moderating Effect of Organizational Culture. Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Master dissertation, 2008.
- YH, Han. Comparision on Organization Committment and Turnover Intention of Nurses by Working Types, Daegu Haany University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- WS, Son. The Effect of Hospital Employees'Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment on Turnover Intention and Organizational Conflict, WonKwang University, Doctoral dissertation, 2012.
- HG, Choi. A Study on Nursing Organizational Culture and its effectiveness in a Hospital : Focused on the Five National Mental Hospitals, DongSin University, Doctoral dissertation, 2009.
- JH, Lee, SJ, Jin, HJ, Ju. Impact of the Organizational Commitment and Organizational Culture of Nursing and Turnover Intention on the Job Satisfaction of Public Hospital Nurses, Korean Association of Health and Medical Socillogy. Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 205-230, 2011.
- Lawer, E.E, Satistaction and Behavior. New York: McGrow Hill, 1983.
- Dalton, D. R., Toder, W. D. Turnover, transfer, absenteesism: An interdependent perspective, Journal of Management, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 193-219, 1993.
- DS, Kim. Comparison of Job Satisfaction, Commitment to Organization and Turnover Intention between Fixed Day & Evening Nurses and 3 Shift Rotation Nurses, Kyung Hee University, Master dissertation, 2010.
- JH, Kim. Study on Factors affecting Turnover intention of Emergency Room nurses, InJe University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- SB, Bae. Influence of Job Burnout among University Hospital Employees on Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Intent to Leave, InJe University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- JH, Kim. The Effects of Embedness on Turnover Intention and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Hospital Employee-Focusing on Moderation Effect of Personality Traits, Kyunsung University, Doctoral dissertation, 2010.
- MS, An. The predictive factors Influencing turnover rate of nurses at Medium-Sized Hospital (Mainly focused on the correlation between turnover intention and practice environment job satisfaction), Gachon University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- YR, Kim, TY, Lee, HK, Chun.. Factors Affecting the Turnover Intention for Radiologic Technologists Working in Private Clinic and University Hospital : in Daejeon City, Korea, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 371-380, 2009.
- MH, Park. Path Analysis of Turnover Intention of Infection Control Nurses, GeongSang National University, Doctoral dissertation, 2011.
- HJ, Kim. The degree of job stress, self-efficacy and job satisfaction in Psychiatric Nurses, InJe University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- KJ, Lee, SY, Yoo. Relationships between Nurses Ethical Dilemma, Coping Types, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention in Korea, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-15, 2011.
- JI. Kwon, A study of job satisfaction of irregular workers in the hospital industry, Kyung Hee University, Master dissertation, 2005.
- SS, Park. Effects of communication style, assertiveness and self-efficacy of general hospital nurses on stress. Daejun University, Doctoral dissertation, 2005
- MH, Chun. Factors Influencing Turnover Intention: An Empirical Study of Hospital Employees, AnDong National University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- SB, Hwang. The Impacts of Perceived Mid-life Crisis on Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention : Focused on Moderating Effects of Self-Efficacy and Internal Organizational Support, Doctoral dissertation, 2012.
- Mowday, R. T., Steers, R. M., porter, L. W., The Management of organizational commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 14, pp. 224-247, 1993.
- HC, Kim, A corroborative study on the satisfaction rate in the military and stimulating morale. DongGuk University, Master dissertation, 2005.
- SJ, Moon. Structural model of nurses' intentions of changing workplaces, Kyung Hee University, Doctoral dissertation, 2010.
- YH, Kim. Effect of the Service Provider's Big-Five Personality Model and Impression Management Behaviors on the Customer Orientation, Korea Acacdmic Society of Tourism Management. Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 341-365, 2013.
- EJ, JO. Relationship between professional self-concept and burnout of nurses in geriatric hospital, KoSin University, Master dissertation, 2007.