- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Factors affecting regular medical care utilization of cardio-cerebrovascular patients
심뇌혈관 환자의 정기적 의료이용에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Seo, Young-Suk (Dept. of Health Policy & Management, Graduate School of Inje University) ;
- Park, Jong-Ho (Kyeimyoung University Dongsan Medical Cneter) ;
- Lim, Ji-Hye (Dept. of Healthcare management, Youngsan University)
- Received : 2014.04.10
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
This study aims to identify factors to affect regular utilization status of medical care in cardio-cerebrovascular patients. The research selected 770 cardio-cerebrovascular patients among surveyees from the Korea Health Panel 2010. We analyzed states of medical care utilization using descriptive statistics. Logistic regression analysis was used to examine the main factors associated with regular utilization status of medical care in cardio-cerebrovascular patients. In result, the significant factors associated with regular utilization status of medical care in cardio-cerebrovascular patients were age, education level, household income level. CCI, presence or absence of high risk drinking, and presence or absence of obesity. There's a high probability that patients aged between 60 and 69, equal to and higher than those of high school graduate in education level, upper middle class in household income, the higher CCI, absence of high risk drinking, presence of obesity utilize medical care services more regularly. Therefore, it is necessary to develop effective program and individualized approach for patients using lesser periodical medical care and patients with high risk drinking problem. In the future, these findings can be used an important data for healthcare policy and assessment.
- Ji-Hye Lim, Chang-Seok Oh, Medical care utilization status and quality of life diabetes mellitus patients. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 2013 Oct; 11(10): 609-618. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.10.609
- Dong-Min Chang, Sung-Hong Kang, De-Hi Kim, Yoo-Mi Kim, Chang-Jin Suh, Related Factors of Awareness, Treatment, and Control of Hypertension in Korea. Health and social science, Vol. 24, pp. 43-66, 2008.
- Ji-Hye Lim, Analysis of unmet medical need status based on the Korean Health Panel. Health and social science, Vol. 34, pp. 237-256, 2013.
- MI-Sun Im, Inequality in health care utilization and health expenditure in chronically ill patients. The 3rd Korea Health Panel Conference, 2011.
- Kyung-Ae Son, Yoon-Shin Kim, Min-Hee Hong, Mi-As Jeong, Analysis of the Continuity of Outpatient among Adult Patients with hypertension and its Influential Factors in Korea, The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 2161-2168, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2161
- Hye-Jae Lee, Tae-Jin Lee, Bo-Young Jeon, Young-Ii Jung, Factors Related to Health Care Utilization in the Poor and the General Populations. The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, Vol. 15, No.1, pp, 79-106.
- Young-Ho Jung, A Report on the Korea Health Panel Survey: Health Care Utilizations and Out-of-Pocket Spending. Health and Welfare policy forum, Vol. 12, pp. 64-81 2011.
- Jung-Woo Hwang, The study of factors affecting health care utilization of middle aged and elderly: a comparison between income and asset. graduate school of Public health, Seoul National University, 2012.
- Young-Ho Jung, A Report on the Korea Health Panel Survey: Health Care Utilizations and Out-of-Pocket Spending. Health and Welfare policy forum, Vol. 12, pp. 64-81, 2011.
- Myo-Gyeong Kim, Keum-soon Kim, Factors Affecting Health Care Utilization in Patients with Lung Cancer. Perspectives in Nursing Science, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 52-64, 2013.
- Suk-Ja Ko, Medical care expeditures and utilizations for depressed adults with chronic disease. Health and Welfare policy forum, Vol. 12, pp 24-31, 2011.
- Cause of Death Statistics Yearbook, 2012, Statistics Korea.
- Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National Universiy and Institute of Health & Enviroment, Chronic Disease Research Team, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Trends and socioeconomic differences in the prevalence of cardiocerebrovascular diseases: Results from the 2005 Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Public Health Weekly Report, KCDC, 2008
- Eun-Young Lee, Medical care utilization for the last one year of life in people who died of ischemic heart disease. graduate school of Public health, Yonsei University, 2007.
- Kyoung Su Lee, Development of 2nd phase comprehensive management plan for cardio and cerebrovascular diseases(2011-2015). Health Enhancement Support Group's Business, Yeungnam University, 2010
- National Health Insurance Corporation, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Health care Analysis based on Korea Health Panel Data(2008-2011)-The 2013 Korea Health Panel Study An In-Depth Analysis. 2013.
- The Comparison of Health Behaviors, Use of Health Services, and Health Expenditures among Diabetic Patients according to the Practice of Exercise vol.26, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2015.26.1.31