- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design of Compatible Set-Top Box for Healthcare
헬스케어를 위한 호환 가능한 셋톱박스 설계
- Han, Jung-Soo (Division of Information & Communication, Baekseok Univ.)
- 한정수 (백석대학교 정보통신학부)
- Received : 2014.05.27
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
In these days the patient can be easy to see the treatment results at home without going directly to hospital. Despite the many advantages that the patient is got optimum service timely, the currently used personal healthcare devices have no compatibility because the manufacturer use the proprietary software and hardware protocols. For these issues, standardization is required between the set-top box and the individual healthcare devices. In this paper, we designed the healthcare set-top box possible to biometric data transmission by using a standard IEEE P11073 between the device and the set-top box. Because the set-top box using IEEE P11073 standardization can transfer data independently, we are expected to make it contribute significantly to the healthcare business.
Supported by : 백석대학교
- Jun-Hyuk Lee, Implementation of U-Healthcare Monitoring System based on USN, The journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp.75-81, 2008.
- In-Young Kim, Need for Ubiquitous Healthcare Technology, The journal of Korea Institute of Electronics Engineers, Vol. 32, No. 12, pp.19-28, 2005.
- Dimitrios Al. Alexandrou, etc., UMIMATE: A ubiquitous Healthcare emergency platform, The International Special Topic Conference on Information Technology in Biomedicine, 2006.
- Kim Yang-Hoon, Kim Guk Boh, Implementation of Browser for Medical exam and Treatment Data using Set-top Box, Korea Multimedia Society 2008 Conference , pp.5-10, 2008.
- C.Y.Park, J.H.Lim, S.J.Park, S.H.KIm, Technical Trend of U-Healthcare Standardization, Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp.48-59, 2010.
- IEEE std 11073-20601TM - 2008 Health Informatics - Personal Health Device Communication - Application Profile - Optimized Exchange Protocol, 2008.
- Medical Device Safety Bureau, Medical Device Standardization Guideline for Home Health-Care, Korea Food & Drug Administration, 2007.
- Gui-Jung Kim, Jung-Soo Han, Chronic Disease Management using Smart Mobile Device, The journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.335-342, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.335