- Volume 12 Issue 7
A new style keyboard which is user friendly and can be used efficiently in a small area is proposed in this paper. The most pre-existing keyboards were using the style of selecting a key among the arranged keys even the formats of key arrangement and the ways of using them were different. A new style of information input device called Dynamic Keyboard(DynaKey) is designed in this paper. Dynakey is a useful information input device which can be used efficiently for a mobile device with small display and for handicapped persons who has difficulties of selecting precise positions.
- Alden, D.G., Daniels, R. W., Kanarick, A.F. Keyboard Design and Operation: A Review of the Major Issues. The Journal of the Human Factors Society, vol. 14, 4, pp. 275-293, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872087201400401
- Noyes, J. The QWERTY Keyboard: A Review. International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, 18, 265-281, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7373(83)80010-8
- Davis, J. R. Let Your Fingers do the Spelling: Implicit disambiguation of words spelled with the telephone keypad. Avios Journal, 9, 57-66, March 1991.
- MacKenzie, I.S., Soukoreff, R.W. Text Entry for Mobile Computing: Models and Methods, Theory and Practice. Human-Computer Interaction, 2002.
- Silfverberg, M., MacKenzie, I. S., and Korhonen, P. Predicting text entry speeds on mobile phones. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 9-16, 2000.
- Blinkenstorfer, C. H. Graffiti. Pen Computing, 30-31, Jan. 1995.
- Mankoff, J. and Abowd, G. D. A word-level unistroke keyboard for pen input. ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Techology 1998.
- DSI Datotech Systems Inc.: Multi-Point Touchpad; http://www.dato.com
- Evans, F. and Skiena, S. and Varshney, A.; VType: Entering Text in a Virtual World, submitted to International Journal of Human-Computer Studies
- Connnell, B, Jones, M, Mace, R, Mueller, J, Mullick, A, Ostroff, E, Sanford, J, Steinfeld, E, Story, M, & Vanderheiden, G., The Principles of Universal Design: Version 2.0., North Carolina State University, 1997.
- Burgstahler, S. , & Coy, R. (Eds.)., Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice. Boston: Harvard Education Press. 2008.
- Burgstahler, S., Equal access: Universal design of instruction. Seattle: University of Washington. 2012. http://www.washington.edu/doit/Brochures /Academics/equal_access_udi.html.
- Dvorak, A. There is a Better Typewriter Keyboard. National Business Education Quarterly, Center for Universal Design. vol. 11, pp. 51-58, 1943.
- Microsoft, http://www.whitehatandroid.com/2010/08/microsoft-adaptive-keyboard-proto type.html#ixzz31ZiS6iqF, 2010.
- Florian Block1, Hans Gellersen1 and Nicolas Villar, Touch-Display Keyboards: Transforming Keyboards into Interactive Surfaces, CHI 2010: Tangible UI, April 10-15, 2010, Atlanta, GA, USA, 2010.
- Wikipedia, Optimus Maximus keyboard, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimus_Maximus_keyboard, 2014.
- M. Weiss, J. Wagner, Y. Jansen, R. Jennings, R. Khoshabeh, J. D. Hollan, and J. Borchers. Slap widgets: Bridging the gap between virtual and physical controls on tabletops. In Proc. CHI '09, pages 481-490, 2009.
- E. Hoggan, S. A. Brewster, and J. Johnston. Investigating the effectiveness of tactile feedback for mobile touchscreens. In Proc. CHI '08, pages 1573-1582, 2008.
- B. Hartmann, M. Ringel Morris, H. Benko, and A. D. Wilson. Augmenting interactive tables with mice & keyboards. In Proc. UIST '09, 2009.