- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Team Project Activity and Satisfaction in Business Education
경영학 수업에서 팀 프로젝트활동과 수업만족에 관한 연구
- Suk, Yeung-Ki (Dept. of IT Management, Sun Moon University)
- 석영기 (선문대학교 IT경영학과)
- Received : 2014.06.02
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
Since 2010, the universities in Korea have been faced severe difficulties on the selection of students and on the delivery of high quality education services, as the number of students is reduced and the college entrance rate is declined. To solve these problems, the universities have introduced the various and professional education services such as team-based projects, case study, e-learning, action learning, etc. The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of team-based project learning on the student's satisfaction in business education. The 4 factors(team cohesiveness, teamwork, team performance and goal achievement) are measured by using questionnaire survey and data are collected from 134 students(34 teams) for 4 subjects. The results show that the structure of team cohesiveness
- J. C. Anderson and D. W. Gerbing, Structural Equation Modeling in Practice: A Review and Recommended Two-Step Approach. Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 103, No 3, pp. 411-423, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- J. H. Steiger, Structural Model Evaluation and Modification: An Interval Estimation Approach. Multivariate Behavioral Research, Vol 25, pp.173-80.
- B. Cho and B Yoo, Tasks and Alternatives on the Education of Business Administration in Korean University. Business Education Research, Vol 14, No. 2, pp. 71-89, 2006.
- J. Katzenbach and D. K. Smith, The Wisdom of Teams, Harper Collins Publishers, New York, NY, 2003.
- T. J. Cossee, D. N. Ashworth and T. M. Weisenberger, The Effects of Team Size in a Marketing Simulation. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Vol. 7, Summer, pp. 98-106, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.1999.11501844
- Kenneth. L. Bettenhausen, Five Years of Groups Research: What We Have Learned and What Needs to Be Addressed. Journal of Management, Vol. 17, No 2, pp345-81, 1991.
- D. Gladstein, Groups in context: A Model of Task Group Effectiveness. Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 29 pp499-517, 1984. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392936
- J. Keyton and J. Springston, Redefining Cohesiveness in Groups. Small Group Research, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.234-54, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/1046496490212006
- I. Summers, T. Coffelt, R. E. Horton, Psychological Reports, Vol 63, pp. 627-36, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19188.8.131.527
- Seong-Kook Kim, Organization and Human Behavior, 4th ed., Myungkyungsa, 2010.
- J. R. Hackman, The Design of Work Teams, In Handbook of Organizational Behavior, edition by W. Lorsch, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1987.
- D. R. Deeter-Schmelz, K. N. Kennedy, and R. Ramsey, Enriching our Understanding of Student Team Effectiveness. Journal of Marketing Education, Vol. 24, No 2, pp. 114-124, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/0273475302242004
- E. Sundstorm, K. P. De Meuse, and D. Futrell, Work teams : Application and Effectiveness, American Psychologist. Vol.45, No.2, pp. 483-504, 1990.
- D. R. Deeter-Schmelz and R. Ramsey, Student Team Performance: A Method for Classroom Assessment. Journal of Marketing Education, Vol. 20, No 2, pp. 85-93, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/027347539802000202
- J. L. Price and C. W. Mueller, Handbook of Organizational Measurement, Pitman Publishing Inc., 1986.
- J. F. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, and W. C. Black, Multivariate Data Analysis, 5th ed., NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998.
- J. C. Nunnally and I. H. Bernstein, Psychometric Theory, 3rd ed., NY: McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- William J. Stevenson, Operations Management, 10th ed., McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- S. B. Lee and C. H. Ryu, Production and Operations Management, 4th ed., Myungkyungsa, 2012.
- J. Bloemer, Ko de Ruyter, and M. Wetzels, Linking Perceived Service Quality and Service Loyalty: a Multi-Dimensional Perspective. Journal of Marketing, Vol. 33 No. 6, pp. 1082-1106. MCB University Press, 1999.
- M. A. Jones, D. L. Mothersbaugh, and S. E. Beatty, Switching Barrier and Repurchase Intentions in Service. Journal of Retailing, Vol. 76, No.2, pp. 259-274, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00024-5
- Byung-Suh Kang and Chul-ho Cho, A Study on Application of Web-used PBL on the Curriculum of Business Administration and Learning Performance. The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 231-257, 2006.
- K. T. Kim, A Case for the Introduction of Problem-Based Learning to Business Education. Korean Journal of Ordo Economics, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 63-83, 2012.
- Kyung-won Chang and Soo-il Ko, Case study of Action Learning for Business Class: Effectiveness Analysis of Reflection Paper. Korean Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 689-721, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.29.3.689
- Ju-Hyun Kim, Eun-Yong Lee and Ju-min Lee, Problem-based Learning Framework for e-Learning : Case Study of K Cyber University. Journal of Cyber Society and Culture, Vol. 3, No.1, pp. 117-144, 2012.
- Seo-Young Lim, Dong-Soo Park and Jung-Min Lee, The Impact of Team Leader's Leadership Style on the Career Commitment and Turnover Intention of Team Members: Moderating Role of Team Members' Emotional Intelligence. Korean Journal of Corporation Management, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 1-22, 2010.
- Jungwon Cho and Jihye Kim, Collaborative Project Curriculum Applying Project-based Learning. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No 1, pp. 214-219, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.1.214
- S. P. Robbins, Organizational Behavior, 9th ed., Pearson Prentice Hall, NY, 2001.