- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of Factors Affecting Mobile Application Download
모바일 애플리케이션 다운로드에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구
- Wan, Lili (Dept. of Global Business Administration, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
- 완리리 (한국외국어대학교 글로벌경영학과)
- Received : 2014.05.10
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
Mobile applications are significantly impacting people's smart phone using behavior and mobile industry value chain. By examining sources of data on mobile applications use, this study presents evidence about what factors would affect the amount of apps download, which may be useful to guide app designers and publishers to develop more persuasive new apps and marketing strategies. The results indicated app ranking had effect on download amount of apps in both Android app market and Apple app store, while prices of apps had no impact on the amount of download. App type, developer experience, and locality had effect on the amount of download only for paid apps in Apple app store.
Smart Phone;Mobile Application;Smart Phone Application;App Store;Download
Supported by : 한국외국어대학교
- R. Prodan.M. Sperk, "Scientific computing with Google App Engine", Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 29, pp.1851-1859, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2012.12.018
- Y. J. Yoo.K. S. Kim, "Does popularity decide rankings or do rankings decide popularity? An investigation of ranking mechanism design", Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 11, pp.180-191, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2011.12.007
- A. Ghose.S. P. Han, "Estimating demand for mobile applications in the new mobile economy", Thirty Third International Conference on Information Systems, Orlando, 2012. Informatics, Vol. 28, pp.22-31, 2011.
- A. Holzer.J. Ondrus, "Mobile application market: A developer's perspective", Telematics and Informatics, Vol. 28, pp.22-31, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2010.05.006
- E. Carare, "The impact of bestseller rank on demand: evidence from the app market", International Economic Review, Vol. 53, No. 3, pp.717-742, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2354.2012.00698.x
- E. U. Jung.C. W. Baek.J. D. Lee, "Product survival analysis for the App Store", Mark Lett, Vol. 23, pp.929-941, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11002-012-9207-0
- J. Chevalier.A. D. Goolsbee, "Measuring prices and price competition online: Amazon and Barnes and Noble", Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.203-222, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024634613982
- J. M. Lee.B. Y. Park, "An explanatory study on factors affecting the purchase of smart device game applications in the framework of contents characteristic factors", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp.353-361, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.3.353
- M. Harman.Y. Jia.Y. Y. Zhang, "App store mining and analysis: MSR for app stores", Mining Software Repositories, 9th IEEE Working Conference, pp.108-111, 2012.
- R. Garg.R. Telang, "Inferring app demand from publicly available data", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp.1253-1264, 2013. https://doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2013/37.4.12